Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just paid more for little tiny buttons to complete little baby cardigan I've made, and they cost more than the wool!
    DottyR

Comment

• Oh dear, feel bit useless, situation with inlaws, who live 3 and half hours away, has deteriorated, father in law, admitted to hospital, which is good, on dialysis , but MiL, can't manage on her own, so additional hours from carers, and all family members helping, but not good situation, and we away to SA in 2 weeks.
      DottyR

Comment

• I could phone about an allotment today and have one by Wednesday - £55 includes water but me and OH not well enough to take on a huge patch of farmers field that has not been touched for years.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I made a large Christmas cake on Saturday afternoon/evening and now I'll have to make another later this week.

Over half has disappeared............................

Comment

• Our boiler has stopped working. Finally managed to get in touch with letting agents and they have said an emergency plumber will be with us between 8pm-9pm.
            sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Rant!!!! You should be overjoyed, they are sending an out off hours plumber, wouldn't happen with any agents I work for.
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• That's right, Hazel, that lovely rolled boneless lamb breast would have been lovely for tea at teatime, wouldn't it? Such a shame that when you put it in the oven, you failed to realise that it takes 2 1/2 hrs to cook.

Something that you would have remembered from last time you cooked one of these had you not got the retentive memory of a goldfish. Or, alternatively, you could have got it out of the fridge and had a look at the wrapper which has the cooking time printed on in big letters.

This latter course of action preferably some while before you would have liked your tea. Like 2 1/2 hours before.

Comment

• MrW not good again, saw out of hours last night at 6.30, chest pains, pins and needles and this time swollen legs, ECG clear but blood pressure 187/125................not good sent up to A & E got home at 2.30 this morning with more tablets, they still don't seem to have got to the bottom of it.......at work, worried sick, knackered, although just saw boss who told me I can go home once i've done essential stuff.(just typing this while I have a quick cuppa and something to eat)Wish they could find out whats wrong......

Comment

• Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Rant!!!! You should be overjoyed, they are sending an out off hours plumber, wouldn't happen with any agents I work for.
                    He has said the boiler is over 20 years old. Said a sensor has gone kerput and in his view we need a new boiler. But will have to wait to see what the landlord wants to do. The only reason we got a plumber out was because when my OH rang up it was the actual owner of the agents. Plus we have had other issues that need sorting that still haven't been resolved.
                    What ever way bet our rent goes up.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^It will if you have a new boiler. Having said that if it's 20 years old then new is the way to go these days.
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mrswadders View Post
                        MrW not good again, saw out of hours last night at 6.30, chest pains, pins and needles and this time swollen legs, ECG clear but blood pressure 187/125................not good sent up to A & E got home at 2.30 this morning with more tablets, they still don't seem to have got to the bottom of it.......at work, worried sick, knackered, although just saw boss who told me I can go home once i've done essential stuff.(just typing this while I have a quick cuppa and something to eat)Wish they could find out whats wrong......
                        Sorry to hear this Mrs W, keeping everything crossed that they get to the bottom of it soon x
                        My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• ((((HUGS)))) Mrs. W. and fingers crossed.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Keep on pestering the docs Mrs W for an answer (that satisfies you). Not any old answer they give you to make you be quiet.

Comment

• Is it only me?? I was in a major chain store today and there were xmas trees and tinsel everywhere and even worse carols playing.

For Heavens sake it is still November!!!!!!!

Poor hubby was so embarrassed when I dragged him out of the shop while whinging loudly.

Comment

• I had a surreal experience in Las Vegas 10 days ago: Sitting outside eating in the warm sunshine while the loudspeakers were playing Ch****mas songs about sleigh bells and santas and stuff. Weird.

I guess they start earlier over there what with thanksgiving etc. Still weird though.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X