Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH says " what can I get you for Christmas", new spade I say " not wasting money on that" she says.....so why ask what I want then?
    Last edited by Greenleaves; 25-11-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Work ethic.........................Matey you don't know the meaning of either word.

Work does not include standing round drinking tea and chatting.

Ethical means not dragging out a two hour job to eight and a half hours and ripping your client off.
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Mobile internet companies....

I am back in the UK , no internet apart from a newly purchased 4G mobile broadband gizmo
        On pay as you go, comes with 6GB of data

Works great till yesterday, credit ran out, Easy to top up it says.....

I never registered it, just used it,

Top up card in box wont work in shop, not registered yet
        Cant use top up vouchers for this one
        Credit card option wont work, not registered a card yet

Need to register it.....Ok so I try.....

I go through all the process online and it says its `nearly..... finished`, I just need to verify my email address.....
        No internet.....HOW DO I DO IT!
        Out to shop , buy a £20 3G mobile broadband with credit,
        I verify email.....now I need a text message to my device....a device with no screen!

Using the help I am told to get the code by reading my SMS in the `usual manner.....`

I find a link to get the SMS and guess what......
        I havent verified my ID yet by typing the pin in so I cant read them....to get the pin code!

Phoned them up and they eventually put credit on it for me,

There is no other way only to phone them until I verify my pin..... by reading the SMS in the usual manner....to do so I need a pasword....I have the pasword but I cant use it until I verify it by reading the text message!

It will be great to get back to Bulgaria and my internet that I can top up and that works...as long as I stand pointing it the right way, in the right room, in the right weather...... often standing on a chair in the garden....I can put credit on it though
        Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

• Yup things are so bad in this country...Bulgaria is much better!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^It will if you have a new boiler. Having said that if it's 20 years old then new is the way to go these days.
            We have a new boiler. Shame it doesn't work Plumber came to us about 5ish. In and sorted by 9pm switched it on blue light came on then went out. So went through all the boards in it and the plug and various other things but nothing. So hopefully back here between 12 and 3 with a new board.
            Landlord was going to go with just fix it. Until the plumber pointed out the cost of the new boards and the time and labour would be cheaper to get a new boiler.
            So we might have heat and hot water this afternoon.
            Last edited by noviceveggrower; 26-11-2014, 05:21 AM. Reason: spelling
            sigpic

Comment

• Ear infections......sort of being ignoring it for several days and been munching Ibuprofen.
              Came back with a vengeance yesterday...

On the plus side , I phoned for a Drs appt yesterday afternoon and am seeing him today....good old French health service!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Getting up on cold, crisp frosty mornings, which would be ideal for going up to the allotment - however, having to go to work instead.

Will probably be lashing with rain come the weekend.
                .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                  OH says " what can I get you for Christmas", new spade I say " not wasting money on that" she says.....so why ask what I want then?
                  My hubby doesn't have much choice. First he broke my favorite (it is very old), my brother bent one up that was left here, last week I broke the other that was left here so it is now an L-shape and I have bent the last spade we have Just so you know prior to this I have never killed a spade

Comment

• Why are they called Customer SERVICE Departments?

I ask via the 'Bay, for a price for specific items, and they quote me. I ask them to go ahead, and send me a P4ypal invoice, and I'll pay it when it arrives. We can't do that, you have to go through our Customer Services Department. No email or link attached.

I email back for the info, and you can imagine my joy when I get given a premium rate phone number to call. I find their website (don't get me started on Companies that have a web address that doesn't include their effing name... ) and I email CS department directly.

They IGNORE me!

Reckon they'll respond if I email again suggesting they change the name of the department to the 'Don't give a chuff' Department?
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Previously mentioned CS dept emailing me back to say they had already responded last week, and attaching the message that didn't answer the chuffin' question in the first place!!! Aaaaaaarrrrggghhhh?

Comment

• Seller who responds to a question almost immediately - Fab! However, you gave me loads of information I haven't asked for, but failed to answer my question.

Seller has now sent at least four messages back, in response to my two emails, but still hasn't given me the ONE measurement I asked for.

Comment

• I notice we have now had another American custom thrust upon us, entirely designed to enrich the retailers. Black Friday for gods sake, not only a very stupid name but also very meaningless. It ranks with trick or Treat as being just another way to get money out of us.
                          I have a good idea for starting a British tradition, Red Friday, in this we all throw our rotten tomatoes at our local banks.
                          Last edited by Bill HH; 28-11-2014, 10:55 PM.
                          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thought farmers usually found something a little more pongy than tomatoes
                            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thought farmers usually found something a little more pongy than tomatoes
                              I thought rotten tomatoes might be more avalable to the members on here, but yes we could have a black turdday aswell.
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Not only did we have Black friday but now we have cyber Monday!!!! is there no end?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X