Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've been together since 1992, yes you get less for a life sentence. It is difficult though for folks to decide how to address a xmas card. We get mr and mrs of course but we get our christian names or one christian name then the full handle for the other. I find it amusing.

ermmh my second rant. Having to go shopping

Comment

• Children - allegedly grown-up

Comment

• Re last nights 'happy'.

Well that holiday lasted a long time, all the way to 9-00am this morning. Ladies boiler stopped working so by 9-10 was in my work clothes and driving the van.

All done now though, no spares available after today.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Who ever you are,many thanks for taking the road side mirror out of sons motor,you must have know what you had done,may the fleas of the world unit upon you this christmas
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
            It's a small thing, but getting a Christmas card addressed to Mr & Mrs from old friends. They know we are not married (20 years in, still thinking about it!) and that I have, and always will have an identity in my own right.
            Oh get over yourself!

Do you lose your identity when you marry!? I'm certain I didn't.

Hubby's Uncle and Aunt have have been together 30-40 years, but haven't married. However, I always address any post to them as Mr. and Mrs. as I can't be arrised to work out the correct way to write the envelope. Always assuming there is a correct way...
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Oh, and B ruddy T again.

When we moved in (3 years in Feb 15) we were told Fast Broadband would be available to us in around six months. Now, they can't tell us when.

Today it died again, like it does mid-morning every day. Only it didn't come back on, so I rang them.

At least today, I got through to a real person, and he waved a magic wand...
              Last edited by Glutton4...; 23-12-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Three different credit card companies in town today peddling their wares. All promising acceptance, no wonder so many people struggle with debt. Whats worse is they are all pitch outside Brightflats another company that exploits the vulnerable imo
                Last edited by Greenleaves; 23-12-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Last year I sent Christmas cards with gift tokens inside to a nephew and niece (teenagers) I never got any acknowledgement and worried that they had been stolen out of the post.

This year I decided to take their presents by car. (out of my way)

On my way there I called at another relatives who when I told her where I was going informed me her presents last year were not acknowledged either therefore they were only getting a card this year and a receipt for a donation to charity made in their name ( in lieu of a present)

It was with mixed feelings that I arrived at the niece and nephew's house. The lights were on. I could see someone moving around inside. I banged their door knocker. The dog barked.................

I banged the knocker again even harder..........the dog barked.............nothing else.

I posted the presents.

I don't think I'll be going out of my way next year!!

Comment

• Another rant. My husband eventually decided he would like a tablet for Christmas. I decided that before I wrapped it up for Thursday I'd charge it up an connect it to the wi-fi for him as I will be rushed off my feet on the big day cooking for assorted relatives and will not have time to do it then. I also have realistic expectations of my husbands ability to connect things to the wi-fi.

I have never used a tablet in my life (or a smartphone) and rant rant obviously have far more misplaced confidence in my abilities than common sense.

AAAAAAAAarrrgh!!!!! A couple of hours later I was ready to throw it out of the window.

I never want to see it again but it is set up and has now got antivirus installed.

I'll stick to a mouse and keyboard.
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 23-12-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      I banged their door knocker. The dog barked.................
                      I banged the knocker again even harder..........the dog barked.............nothing else.
                      I posted the presents.
                      Dogs that eat Chrismas gifts....................
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Having to get the basics from Asda on Christmas Eve. Shopping mayhem ahead.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Well done us - we're so tuned in that we cleverly buy each other the same Christmas present.

*sigh.

Comment

• Pukers.

I have spent the day cleaning the house. I have aired the kitchen mat, and vacuumed it, and everything else to within an inch of whatever. Now Mother's dog has come in and puked all over the mat.

I dragged it outside, hosed it off, and hung it to dry, whilst Hubby washed the wet gunk that had seeped through it onto the floor.

Ten minutes later she puked on the hall rug.

How can one dog puke that much!?

And why!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                              Now Mother's dog has come in and puked all over the mat.
                              I dragged it outside, hosed it off, and hung it to dry,
                              Folk that mistreat pets................
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Beat me to it Mally

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X