Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my, 3year old grandson, has the 'terrible twos', how can such a young child be SO difficult, can't remember mine being so difficult, rude etc, he really does need some boundaries and learn another word besides 'no'!
    DottyR

Comment

• A lack of unlike buttons on the rant thread

There is having a fire, and there is having a fire every week in a property you don't live in
      The previous owner was burning stuff left, right and centre for over 2 months including tyres, laminate and lacquered furniture and god knows what. Would be nice to be in my garden and not feel like I am being showered on in ash or obliged to inhale noxious fumes.

Heres hoping it settles soon and they run out of things to burn

Comment

• People who have bonfires to make lots of smoke to annoy other people. Especially when they go out of their aa to collect the rubbish they burn.

But people who burn building waste are probably breaking sme rule or other. The env Health at council should have an out of hours number that is mnitored

Comment

• Cr@pest christmas & Boxing Day ever!
          Last edited by Small pumpkin; 28-12-2014, 10:13 PM. Reason: To depressing to post. To upsetting when I get heartfelt PMs

Comment

• My sister in law. OH is 50 tomorrow so she is wanting to come down for a surprise party, for me to do. Managed to get a message to her yesterday reference are you still coming( am I still going to have to suffer you all). I got back in text message talk which took ages to translate. She is looking to hire a mini bus but she has rung round but no one is answering her phone calls. It's called Christmas and people wont be at work.
            So still waiting for her to let me know what they are doing.
            sigpic

Comment

• Where has this week gone?...I've been looking forward to it like crazy since September as my mom and son have come over....but they fly home tomorrow
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Och small pumpkin and nicos

My insignificant rant is not only is there Easter eggs in the shops but there are hot cross buns (insert any number of sweary words!)
                Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 29-12-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• People who post / say things that they know 75% of people won't understand but like it too much in the clique to care or bother explaining to anybody else.

Just to avoid confusion, I don't mean on here where we are clearly all lovely
                  Last edited by Alison; 29-12-2014, 04:55 PM. Reason: Further explanation

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
                    ... not only is there Easter eggs in the shops but there are hot cross buns ...
                    Oh goodie - I love HCBs.

Last-minute invitations, that you are told you must accept.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      People who post / say things that they know 75% of people won't understand but like it too much in the clique to care or bother explaining to anybody else.
                      You may need to elaborate as it may be unintentional...........I sometime have difficulty understanding what I say sometimes..........
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                        A lack of unlike buttons on the rant thread

There is having a fire, and there is having a fire every week in a property you don't live in
                        The previous owner was burning stuff left, right and centre for over 2 months including tyres, laminate and lacquered furniture and god knows what. Would be nice to be in my garden and not feel like I am being showered on in ash or obliged to inhale noxious fumes.

Heres hoping it settles soon and they run out of things to burn
                        You could apply for an abatement order on Environmental Protection Act 1990 s3- Statutory Nuisance and Clean Air. Downside is you have to give them notice of your intentions

My rant......cashiers who think people in queing are invisable

Comment

• I have had to de ice my car 4 times today. Frozen inside and out at one point this morning. My OH started work at 7am and we covered the car with tarps thing was at 6.40 in the morning the tarps had totally frozen to the car.
                          sigpic

Comment

• All those dear kind people (And their children and friends) who made their annual Christmas visit to us (In the hope of a present) and as they entered announced they all had stinking colds, vommiting and the trots. Spent two hours coughing and sneezing over us, then left. They all know my wife is seriously Ill and i am not exactly fit as fiddle.

So now we both have it but being male mine is infinitely worse. I have reached the stage where coughing is so painfull I am having to hold my sides and it seems every cough is going to push my brain through my nose and ears. A proccess of assesment has to be gone through with each cough to determine if it will activate the trot problem. We have mountains of left over food and neither of us are hungry.
                            To make matters worse one of our foster men has it but can never make the toilet, he tries but basicaly spreads it all through the house, then does it again as he walks round trying to find us.
                            We (or me) have to then shower him and change his clothes, wash all the carpets (luckily we have a good machine for that). This then triggers the vommiting phase in me, and so we go on.

I think we need to visit all those people for new Year in the hope they will get re- infected.
                            Last edited by Bill HH; 29-12-2014, 07:56 PM.
                            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Oh dear BIll.................That has to be the rant of all rants.............Oh dear............Speedy recovery to you all.
                              Last edited by Bigmallly; 29-12-2014, 07:51 PM.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                                All those dear kind people (And their children and friends) who made their annual Christmas visit to us .......... get re- infected.
                                My rant where on where is that empathy/sympathy button? I have mentioned it before.

I don't envy you the chest infection Bill (wiped me out for three and half weeks).

ANOTHER RANT Why is that these days I can have the same bug in Wales as Bill has in Torquay? That never used to happen! (How many other people have your bl00ming relatives visited Bill?
                                "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X