Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmh! I took my youngest son out today. We went to the cinema and saw "the theory of everything".

I'm 67 but actually have a degree in computer science. I have a major problem with people who treat me as an ageing ignorant silver surfer.So he's struggling with setting up his IPhone and I let him get on with it. He ends up asking me to do it when I get home. Chuffed to bits when I say at his age he should be teaching me and he says don't be a Pratt mum you know you know more about it than anyone my age.
    Last edited by bearded bloke; 19-01-2015, 12:39 PM. Reason: removed personal information
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• On my way to the Stables this morning, I passed three riders. None were wearing Hi-Viz on this dark damp drizzly morning, which is bad enough, you may think. They were trotting downhill, on a notoriously slippery patch of road, permanently shaded by trees on both sides, which is dangerous enough in itself, but they were also riding three-abreast round a blind bend, with the child on the outside! This particular corner at the bottom of this hill, is well known locally as an accident blackspot, and there have been at least two fatalities there in the last few years. I can't believe people can be so irresponsible.

No wonder Horsey people have such a bad reputation.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• A rat in next doors garden
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• If my OH tells me he is cold again. Put a flippin jumper on then. Or when we are outside put a pair of gloves and a scarf on.
          sigpic

Comment

• Cat has been fighting and now has a ripped ear. And is feeling very sorry for himself.
            Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Dear would-be A1di customer - if you do insist on standing outside the 'OUT' door, looking in, wondering why it won't open; please don't tut when someone triggers the door by leaving the store and then sweeps past you.

Perhaps you might step a couple of paces to the right, where your very own 'IN' door will automatically open, affording you egress. The clue, should you need it, is in the blue one-way arrow for IN, and a red no entry sign for OUT.

Numpties.

Comment

• ermhh isn't egress the way out ? ::::::::::::::::::::flees::::::::::::::::::::::

my rant..................... the wevver

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  Perhaps you might step a couple of paces to the right, where your very own 'IN' door will automatically open, affording you egress.
                  Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                  ermhh isn't egress the way out ?
                  Aha - yes! So the door affords egress from the street.

(phew - got away with that, I think!)

Comment

• When you realise that nothing is going to change and life is going to remain the same no matter what!
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• My poor silver fiesta will be retired on Wednesday! The mechanic said it's not worth saving I love that car even if it's growing mould on the inside .... One more day to go

Comment

• Old dog, in lots of pain. Arthritis already. Visit vet, thinking the worst. Vet convinces us to put him on metacam pain relief as a long term remedy. £30 consultation fee, £28 for medicine. Old boy picks up remarkably. Friend has bottle of metacam, also use that to save a bit of cash. Look online. Huge bottle is £16. Phone vet as you need a prescription to buy it. "Bring him in" said vet. "No need" said I, he just needs a prescription. "Bring him in" said vet I want to monitor him. "You have" said I "you said, 'put him on this, he will improve, he has, and it's working" "bring him in" said vet " I have to monitor him every ten days, and I can give you medicine every ten days" (£30 fee and £28 for medicine) EVERY TEN DAYS!! I am not rich. Who can afford that?! What a battle to get a prescription, nearly three hours off and on phone. Prescription cost £12, medicine ordered, enough for three months for £16. After this he can then be monitored again, and if ANYTHING at all happens to him, I'll take him again, but every ten days?! Fuming at the rip off tactics. I am not stupid or gullible, nor am I cruel. I love my boys, they have a great life and there is no way I will let them suffer, but I won't be taken for a fool. I can't afford to be anyway!
                        You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

• I was asked about 5 weeks ago to do a job for my son. I needed some muscle to help me so I asked my boyfriend to help and paid him in advance. I asked if he would be OK as it was a weekend as he often had his daughter with him. He said he would ensure that he was free. I think you now know what's coming. He rang today and has called it off but saying he'd ring me on Monday and reorganise. No,no,no. There is no chance for reorganisation. I'm so bl00dy angry.

I think it's time to dump him as he's taking the Michael. And I can't get hold of my son to tell him, so it looks as if I'll be driver and muscle on my own. Aaaaaargh.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Yes my phone is almost an antique and looks like a negative-negative (the hair remover) so I have bowed down to pressure and bought an android. A robot or automaton especially one that resembles a human. No it bladdy doesn't. At the moment I can't make head nor tail of it and what happened to manuals? Oh I see, they were replaced by robots. Sigh.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• We are going to get the "Tour de Yorkshire"!!!!!

No doubt loads of disruption and pots of money wasted by the council as well as acres of the dreaded lycra. Uggggghhhhhh!!!!

Comment

• I can not find the word doc I have been working on for ages.
                                I have no hard copy of it. ((

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X