Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am such a numb nut - I bought some nastursham? seeds today - forgot my glasses but could read the big print and the pictur looked good. Got home, washed the dog drool off my glasses and found out that the seeds are not trailing but hoooomoooogussss ones that grow up to 6 foot in height.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Nutter!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
        I am such a numb nut - I bought some nastursham? seeds today - forgot my glasses but could read the big print and the pictur looked good. Got home, washed the dog drool off my glasses and found out that the seeds are not trailing but hoooomoooogussss ones that grow up to 6 foot in height.
        my rant is......... why do some peeps not carry a small magnifier in the hand bag,saved my life a few times
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
          my rant is......... why do some peeps not carry a small magnifier in the hand bag,saved my life a few times
          Does that work instead of carrying your reading glasses?

RANT: I couldn't read the label on a packet the other day even with my reading glasses. Admittedly they're an old pair but I haven't found new ones yet that don't make me look like Ronnie Barker.

Comment

• My next rant is that I am registered severly sight impaired so my glasses don't often make much difference to what I can and can't see. Don't even know why I try and use them.
            If I took a magnifying glass out with me it would have to be similar to the hubble telescope. Hey Ho it could be worse I suppose!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• My rant is having to need glasses in the first place,a maggy glass is the most convenient,as you not got to search for your readers,and try balancing your others to change the things in the first place,whilst the maggy is a shape that can be found by feel,without looking the ideot fishing through all the zipers ext
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Half an hour outside work, absolutely freezing, waiting for a taxi. I ordered one from the company we have a contract with. I still can't believe they suggested that the car had been and gone and I wasn't there. When a driver did eventually arrive, he said "The other chap probably just couldn't find you love". They have my number, why not ring to find out where I am waiting? I have ranted to the taxi firm and they know in no uncertain terms what my job is and where I work. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Being expected to rearrange my timetable to suit the whims of the management team so they can see a particular lesson at a time to suit them. Rearranging timetables winds up the ASC children in my class and means I now have to contact the parent helper I have to see if she can rearrange too. Why not use my timetable which you've had for a month and come when the lesson is happening?

Comment

• Leaving lights on. Ok its not exactly day light but nearly every light is on in this house. I have switched them off twice. Don't know who is worse OH or the kids. Think I might take the bulbs out soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Drivers who fail to use their indicators. I can wait for ages trying to cross the road in the persisting rain or snow with shopping bags trying to cut my fingers off, realising that there were several opportunities to cross if I'd known which way the traffic was going.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Large box Still sitting in my hall, waiting for 'them next door' to come and collect, I've even told her it's here!

I'm happy to take stuff in for people, but don't understand why they don't come and collect it.

Really think i'm going to dump it on their doorstep, ( would that be really mean?)
                        DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                          Large box Still sitting in my hall, waiting for 'them next door' to come and collect, I've even told her it's here!

I'm happy to take stuff in for people, but don't understand why they don't come and collect it.

Really think i'm going to dump it on their doorstep, ( would that be really mean?)
                          put note through the door to say,you will either charge rent/put a notice in the local shops,or for that matter 1 on your front,unwanted parcel free for collection,
                          my rant is i know what you mean,we have one,

Comment

• Why is everyone getting allotments!! It's just depressing me because this year I can no grow a lot of fruit and veg because I live in a flat. And I put my name down for an allotment but I've not heard anything
                            Carrie

Comment

• Phoned a well known tv provider (the one that you need a satelitte dish outside for) so I could change bank details for the DD. 17 minutes listening to music (hah thats what they call it), tried speaking to the person who had answered - we had alot of trouble understanding each other and then got cut off.
                              It would'nt be so bad if it was not a premium charge call.

Comment

• "Do you charge for giving a quote?"

"No Madam quotes are free, how can we help?"

"My combi boiler is broke, I need to know what's wrong with it and how much it will cost to repair."

"So we need to come out and fault find your boiler, for that I am afraid we charge."

CLICK
                                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X