Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH's persistant 'tidying' which usually consists of him moving stuff to somewhere inconvenient for him, then getting moany about it being there and me not knowing where things are until I get a rollocking for my 'stuff being everywhere'. Or he throws it away without telling me.

Right now I can't find an expensive beer making kit (vacuum sealed leaf hops, grains, yeast etc.) I was hoping to use to make beer for his birthday, I managed to bag some fresh yeast to do so last week from a local brewery to use that for his birthday beer and I'm having to keep the stuff alive whilst searching for it. I've even checked the roof (and now all itchy)! I'm gonna have to buy a new kit now and hope it arrives before the yeast dies.

I'm just trying to do something nice and now I want to cry

Comment

• Work arranging a stock take on Mothers day so I will be in work from 12 upto midnight depending on how long it takes, need a new job

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
        Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
        No internet over the weekend.

Also, I was up at the plot at the weekend, and someone has stolen my wheelbarrow and all my seed compost.

Oh that's awful, I'd be very mad also, I actually split any bags of compost, so if someone tried to help themselves it would spill out, or be extremely difficult and messy for them.
        Such a simple, yet effective tip - thanks for that.
        Last edited by bearded bloke; 10-03-2015, 07:43 AM. Reason: cascaded quotebox
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• apologies for posting so often this week in this thread, it does appear that the world has something against me...

Something slicing into my car tyre whilst driving - off to spend £90 I don't have to get a new one fitted now

On the plus side I know how to change a wheel

Comment

• My head hurts.

Comment

• Having to wait in for my parcel when I need to go to the shop. If I knew it was going to be this late coming I could of gone to the shop this morning.
              Carrie

Comment

• Working outside today trying to clear the decks for the builders and there were workmen in next doors garden severely stripping back a wisteria. Now I've no way of knowing whether it's my immediate neighbour or the next one along who has ordered this sacrilege. I know how long it takes for a wisteria to grow and produce flowers. If they've left any of it it will take years before it returns to it's former glory if ever. It's unfortunately none of my business, but it was very beautiful when it flowered.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Just been wo,Ken up by next door slamming front door at 4.45 I am not amused......

Comment

• Clock/timer on my inbuilt oven kaput, no spares available for a fortnight, SWMBOs on my back.

That will be a new inset oven tomorrow then.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• People who rant about stuff that they admit is none of their business
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Having to wait 18 days for an appointment with a (not necessarily my own) GP. Good job it's nothing catching then.... (I bet this was how the bubonic plague got started...)
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• My OH is an idiot. The vacuum was, please note was, making a strange noise so I took it apart and cleaned it out and then put it back together but it was still making an odd noise.
                          So OH decided to have a look. He decided not only was I taking it apart wrong, but cleaning and putting it back together wrong. So there he is with it switched on faffing about with it muttering that it was fine last time he used it. So he decided to "fix" it on the dinning room carpet.
                          Then the sparks started to fly quite literally out of the back with a bit of black smoke. So I flung the back door open, he quickly unplugged and flew past me. I grabbed the last bit of cable and plug as he went past and got a cracking electrical shock off the plug.
                          So to top this off for me I had a tingling arm, a busted vacuum and a scorched carpet. The letting agents come round next week.
                          Have managed to life the scorch mark a bit with the carpet cleaner.
                          Nothing else has been mentioned about mark or the fact that we need a new vacuum. If it had of been me I would never of heard the end of it.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Not having enoug time to pop in and visit...
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Fed up of being unsuccessful in getting a job. Is there at least one job who want me? ??
                              Carrie

Comment

• Couch grass!!!

I have given up. I don't like admitting defeat, but here I am. Couch grass is near on impossible to dig out of heavy clay without leaving some behind - I don't have that much spare time in my life or the inclination to do my back in.

After 10 months, I have finally listened to everyone's advice to use glyphosate on the stuff

I now feel really bad that I have put this into my soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X