X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car mot - fail

Comment

• First greenfly of the year (on the Michaelmas daisies) - they didn't last long! Forgot how satisfying squishing them is

Comment

• You would think that a 6x6 greenhouse would need a 6x6 base.

Nope
        Last edited by KittyColdNose; 11-04-2015, 01:50 PM.
        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
        If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• I've just started a new thread. It was very tortuous. Every letter I pressed had to be thumped several times before it would appear. This isn't happening now and this forum is the only one I have this experience with. Annoying on its own but when it was insisting that a word I had spelt correctly wasn't it became especially annoying. By the way the word was taverna, oh pooh, it's having another objection to the spelling.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Husband is home, so tired, he's grumpy!
            Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 12-04-2015, 08:02 AM.
            DottyR

Comment

• Bladdy Meeces, they broke in to my greenhouse & noshed my Courgettes seeds..............

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Have just remembered, I haven't 'zipped up' my plastic greenhouses, let's hope it's not a cold night! Silly thing is I forgot to open it up till about 4.00 this afternoon, oh dear!
                DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  Bladdy Meeces, they broke in to my greenhouse & noshed my Courgettes seeds..............
                  Bladdy Meeces. Meeces, meeces everywhere. Made the ones that hide in the garage for winter homeless only to find some have spent the winter in the ruddy loft

Comment

• Flies!
                    Yup...from the free composted cow muck. Must have hitched a ride with the tractor.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Rat using my compost bin as a takeaway! Saw her running down the garden earlier with half a banana. Need to put something down to stop her tunneling in...

Comment

• Broke my new fork, only had it a week. OK it only cost £4.99 so it serves me right but my old fork that I left on my old plot cost £3.99 and lasted 5 years, it was bent and battered but still going.

Comment

• Somehow managed to put my hand into a nettle patch this afternoon. Then forgot all about it. Now, hours later, my hand and wrist is itching like mad.

Comment

• Dear local cattery owner - when you show me round your bijou (and currently unoccupied) facility for cats in the 'log cabin' at the end of your garden, don't answer the question 'how often is there someone around the cats quarters?' with *a heartbeat too long hesitation* 'oh, every hour, I would think', because when this cat owner smells that 'tiny' untruth, it throws everything that you say into doubt..

Your cats' quarters are empty now, as they may well be after the Easter break - but should they not have a niff of disinfectant about them? It would also help if your insurance certificate - although on display - was in date.

And you know that you took my email address so you can send me the details of a couple of happy customers who I can speak to in order to endorse your facilities? It's 2 days later and I've had nothing through from you.

You might, of course, be the best cattery in the whole darn world - but if you are, you hide it well.

Comment

• Having to work on such a great day. Yet when I have a day off the weather is terrible. Rant over.
                              The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
                              A weed is just a flower in the wrong place.

Comment

• OK, so I went to visit my son in Wales today leaving my builder to carry on with his work. My son had also asked him to mend the fence on the left which was missing a panel. It's not my fence but it's my responsibility to contain my dogs.

I bought a new panel and some postcrete. I got back from Wales to find the fence mended with an old panel (not mine) and the post still being supported using my gardening tools. The postcrete hasn't been opened so I suspect (know) the next high winds will bring the whole lot down again. I wish I'd ignored my son and done it myself. I'd have done a better job.

I'm not sure that it was my builders as 2 neighbours also have the builders in. It is still a carp job whoever did it.
                                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X