This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
    Raining today so the cat has been on the sofa all day today. He popped out for a ten minute comfort break and has come back with 9 pin-head sized seed ticks already embedded in his ear. Did he stick his head in a nest?
    Not to chat but possibly. Some ticks (small ones) hang in clusters off plants and as you walk through you get covered. I remember my very small daughter with them all round her eyes cos she was just the right height.

My rant. Guess who arm pitted the three bush tomatoes today while thinking, "How did I miss these yesterday?"
    Last edited by marchogaeth; 16-05-2015, 07:35 PM.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• Dear T0yota W0rld - when your service department work on a car, would you like to ask them to put it all back together again properly before handing the keys back, and not - for example - leaving the alternator unplugged?

This, of course, means that the battery does not charge, so that when your customer finds she has a flat battery, finds a friendly young man to give her a jump start, drives halfway round the county in order to charge the battery she will get home and find that the battery is STILL flat as a pancake. That's half a gallon of diesel and an hour wasted.

Don't worry, though, the RAC man who had to be called out effects the quickest fix that he's done all day by plugging the alternator back in.

I look forward to your views on the matter when I phone on Monday morning.

Comment

• It's now 10.55pm and the wedding reception music has just started with enough volumn to wake the dead!
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Have thought for the past few days we have had a little visitor in our outside building area. So I stripped it out yesterday and discovered we had a visitor with a large tasting for my plastic gazebo. So after I had stripped it all out swept and cleaned it was a run to the tip to chuck the very chewed gazebo.
          I then called into Tesco for some 'special' mouse food and baited the outside building up.
          I then blew the kids bike tyres up but Wills tyre seemed to come off the rim a bit and I wasn't sure how to fix it. Very disappointed little boy.
          My main gripe is with OH he knew about the little furry visitor and about the flat bike tyre. All he did when we picked him up was moan, and boy do I mean moan, about work. He then looked at the out building area and said what cleaning stuff did I use and next time use bleach to make it smell better. Little boys bike, well he said just let some air out of the tyre and slip the type bit back on. He also told me that he wanted to cut the grass but the mower was out of petrol. Didn't tell me that last time he used it that he had run out of petrol.
          Going to try and cut the grass down the allotment myself today as it needs doing and at the moment if I want a job doing I might as well do it myself.
          sigpic

Comment

• Frankly, you should've never gotten married. Maybe if you'd had more than one date before tying the knot you wouldn't have. Divorce, frankly, would not have been a bad idea either. Still, sixty odd years later, it is what it is... you have two choices: you can either make the best of it or you can make each other so miserable that death becomes something you eagerly await. In my opinion, you've made the wrong choice.

Comment

• Trying to plant cabbages firmly into a bed which is home to a mole with an unhealthy enthusiasm for home improvements.
              Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 18-05-2015, 05:58 PM.
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Oh dear,Charlie has ripped the zip of the 'plastic greenhouse' right off! Mind you this is its 5th year, so hasn't done badly.
                DottyR

Comment

• Rain and .................................more RAIN!!!!!!!
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I want to tell you all a well guarded secret - I am a complete doofuss!
                    I spent 3 hours this afternoon trying to make new cd's for the car - blamed the computer for being old and incapable when it was actually the fault of the DVD R's I had bought instead of the CD R's.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                      I want to tell you all a well guarded secret - I am a complete doofuss!
                      I spent 3 hours this afternoon trying to make new cd's for the car - blamed the computer for being old and incapable when it was actually the fault of the DVD R's I had bought instead of the CD R's.
                      I'm gonna rename you "Numpty".................
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                        Trying to plant cabbages firmly into a bed which is home to a mole with an unhealthy enthusiasm for home improvements.
                        I've just watered in some sunflowers and flooded out a large rat tunnel.

Comment

• My rant - I'm Lumpy by figure and Numpty by nature!

Comment

• The 'Vine', chucked me out! Had to try remember login and password etc! Of course I got it wrong!

But am sorted now!
                            DottyR

Comment

• The Vine doesn't like me today, chucked me out again!
                              DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                                The Vine doesn't like me today, chucked me out again!
                                What's happening with it Dorothy?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X