Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moopmoop thats terrible - I do think that some of these 'posh' shops think that they are above us mere mortals and that they are doing us a favour!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• When you bite your tongue. But the internal subtitle reads 'I am the paying customer and it is your job to be nice, helpful and friendly!'

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
        Yes, I do tick that box. I've had to 'login' again this morning, am probably doing something wrong, I'll see how it goes today.
        Are your cookies automatically deleted when you shut down? It's cookies that keep you logged in.

My rant - trimming the lavender hedge - from my side - where it had grown through the picket type fence (my neighbour doesn't like it overhanging her driveway), being careful, 'cos I have gooseberries among it so they don't get sawfly. They are easy to spot as they are taller than the lavender.

Except one that wasn't

My left forearm is now scratched from wrist to elbow and approximately halfway round the arm I look as if I've had an argument with a feral cat!
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• M
          Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
          Don't get me wrong.....I love the fact that we have them in the garden but.....the pigging hedgehogs have dug up all me beetroot and turnips AGAIN. More beetroot (ready grown plants now in situ) and everything covered with bug mesh to try and stop the prickly little bloggers.
          "Lumpy" you need to gain the ability to live "One with one with nature"

Failing that! Get ya self an "Elmer"

And "Fudd It"

Got me coat! "Offskie"
          Attached Files
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• But Deano it's noy 'one with one' it's me with none!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              Are your cookies automatically deleted when you shut down? It's cookies that keep you logged in.

Now that's a bit technical for me!!

But the problem seems to have sorted itself out, it's ok now, thanks.
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 21-05-2015, 09:36 PM. Reason: Fixing quote.
              DottyR

Comment

• I have 2 rants but I'm only posting one as the other one might be recognised and actually make the situation worse.

My internet/landline went down yesterday at about 2pm. I'm trying to run a business for my son that is heavily reliant on the internet. Rang my provider on my mobile and they diverted all my calls through that phone but I couldn't deal with the business. Went to he pub today to connect and deal with stuff and found it's a general problem to do with the infrastructure. ie BT. Got home and it's all up and running again. Noone kept me up to date with what was going on. 30 years ago it wouldn't have mattered, nowadays it does.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Impulse purchases....I don't do them often ( apart from plants and seed )

Yep - I picked up a bottle of whisky for OH as a surprise (we have no spirits in the house at all at the moment!)
                  Thought he might like a tipple over the weekend ( and naturally I would need to partake with him )

Got it home- gave it to him- he looked at it and very politely asked why I'd chosen that specific brand.
                  Cos I know you like it.
                  yeh...but not with honey in it!

What?

it's eugh.
                  What a waste of money

Now looking for recipes using whisky....and even that doesn't really appeal to me.
                  Think I need to donate it to someone!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^No thank you .................and that's my rant too, having to say no.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• First post in a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng time.
                      That's my rant - no ruddy time!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Right that does it - I am finally going to give up gardening. All of my life I have fought to never be 'fashionable' - and what do I hear on Chelsea tonight - Carol Klein saying that 'hydrangea's are very fashionable and in vogue' - and I went and piggin bought one yesterday! How dare she say I'm fashionable - next I will have to buy a stick to put the phone on so I can take pictures of my left ear!

Comment

• Today, after trekking round the shops looking for new lounge curtains, and probably in celebration that the ones I picked were half price in the sale, my husband fancied going for a carvery.

What a let down. It was one of the big chains.

Truly awful. The Yorkshire Puddings were like rubber, and they are normally one of my favourite foods and the veg were overcooked and had been sat around too long.

What a waste of time and money.

Comment

• 6.37 this evening and the wind dropped and the sun came out - where was it when I was dressed ....now I've got me jim jams on and can't be bothered.

Comment

• Hurt the joint on the ring finger of my right hand. Don't really know what I did but it is so flemmin sore and my finger is swollen like a sausage

Comment

• salt and vinegar (saw vinger as offered in certain ethnic takeaways) killing the rant thread

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X