X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rant - people with sausage fingers - making me hungry

Comment

• 6.7C min in the tunnel 31.3C by 8.30 am, not coming down much even with the doors open. About to give up on aubergines and accept that I'll be growing this year's peppers and chillies for next year. No grass growth - still feeding sheep. Lost a lamb to a vaccine reaction - really?????
      "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• Use your indicators, pillock.
        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Hang on a sec....

there were 4 jammy dodgers in the biscuit tin the other day...and strangely there only appears to be one left!

we can't get them over here- and that was my little treat which I insisted on buying when were were in the UK when OH said he didn't want any biscuits to take back.

One left???? hmmmmm

oh dear- I seem to have miscounted.....

there actually appears to be none left

ooops!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Using secateurs was a really bad idea. My arm really hurts now.

Comment

• That time of year when I feel I am already about 4-6 weeks behind, doing the greenhouse shuffle, doing the sheltered outside shuffle, planting up beds and filling peas and bean beds almost instantly then looking at the empty brassica bed wondering why do I need 100's of celeriac seedlings and so it goes on

Comment

• More bemused than ranting but someone's nicked my compost. I bought a bag of LIDL MPC a couple of weeks ago to chuck in with my strawberry plants on the plot. I used a bit and left the bag lying beside the strawberry bed. Went to use it today to sow some seeds in pots and it's disappeared. Nothing else is gone, my tools are (not very) hidden between the fence and some bits of wood and they're fine, so are other various bits and pieces and there's no damage to plants or anything else so doesn't look like vandalism for the sake of it. My plot's only 5m by 10m so it would be difficult to misplace.

I'm overlooked by student flats but a 40L bag of compost isn't something you can pick up and put in your pocket, even if you're drunk. Just think it's very odd.

Comment

• Boss has told me I've to move my tomatoes off the office windowsill, apparently it's not professional :-(

They're only about 6" tall and I was going to move them soon as it's warm enough to plant out but now I'll have to find somewhere at home for them...sigh.

Comment

• Make sure when you bring some into the office for your colleagues to taste, that he is specifically barred.
                    Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

• Cookery programmes that show some cheffie type preparing a raw chicken, shoving it in the oven, hand mixing the salad and then slicing the cooked chicken without washing his hands once.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Bills, bills, bills and more bills!!!!!!
                        Carrie

Comment

• Why cant I find ordinary flower pots here? Lots of fancy ones at fancy prices but no bog standard ones. They must be available as all the larger plants in the Garden centres are potted in them.
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• AAAAArrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

Why does my husband think that if he constantly repeats.....and repeats....and repeats a question I will suddenly magically know the answer.

Comment

• Car cooling system has been leaking somewhere. Took it to the garage.
                              It's the water pump has a leak.
                              OK.
                              Needs a new one.
                              OK.
                              Um, we have to take off the cam belt to get at it, so you'll need a new one of those too.

BIG bill then

edit - Oh, yes, and when I first got to the garage, I was actually asked "You do mean the cooling system and not the screen wash?"

I've been feeling insulted all day
                              Last edited by mothhawk; 01-06-2015, 01:04 PM.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• I went to our local Homebase to see what plants etc were on offer. I was disgusted with the state of the plants, not water enough so brown and nearly dead. The strawberry had white mildew on the leaves. I just turned around and left. Then I went to B & Q. A little better but nothing I fancied. So it was off to the local Garden Centre which is just down the road from me so I got some more flowering plants and pots. I know I pay a little more but at least it is less stressful and very friendly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X