Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son in law, devoid of any knowledge regarding gardening yet producing edible cucumbers when mine are only just starting to flower, same with tomatoes!
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Horse flies and mosquitos.
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Ditto mosquitos.

One week in Mallorca and OH and I both look like we've been blasted with a shotgun from medium distance.

Comment

• Living room windows open yesterday because of the heat - so last night I was sitting there munching on my beans on toast and spotted something crawling along the top of the skirting board....

Whats that I asked OH - its a fly he replied.....

So is the one behind it a fly as well?

Ermm he said

On a closer look into the corner (mostly obscured by the TV cabinet) I spotted dozens of the crawlie things friends...

Turns out the flying ants had moved in and there were loads of them starting to make a home in the corner where the old tv cable went through the wall.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I came home from the allotment at 6.30. Looked in the TV mag. BBC News, local news and weather at 6.40. Great. Did wonder why on earth they thought it was a good idea to show tennis on both BBC1 and BBC2. I am still waiting for the news. They are still showing b***** tennis.

How exciting!!!!!

I hope they lose all their licence fee..................SOON.

Comment

• Gotta agree, gf. Now that you can watch every single Wimbledon match on the BBC website in real time, I don't know why they have to put tennis on 2 channels at once. One is more than enough.
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• People moaning about one of the few sporting events left on terrestrial channels, it's gripping. Another moan would be that I've been gripped and not got anything productive done.....

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Being told off for working too hard at the charity shop. I'm not joking, this was by a paid member of staff
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• A lovely head of calabrese hiding and running to seed before I spotted it!!!!
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Work phoning me up again at 6.30am to ask if I can work today. I am sorry but I am having my weekend off coz if I work then I have to wait another 2 weeks before I can have a break again!!!!
                      Last edited by cariann88; 05-07-2015, 06:49 AM.
                      Carrie

Comment

• He's bugging me again.

He keeps trying to jolly me along to tidy up 'my sh!te' in the garden, even though, he's just commandeered the shed I was going to store it all in. I suggested he may like to start tidying one of his sheds, so there is room for 'his sh!te' to go in but he didn't like that idea.
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• A potential client asks the area we cover.
                          I explain - west as far as this town, east to this town etc.
                          They then ask if we cover X - a place which is over 2 hours drive beyond those limits.

Comment

• Caught my first fish of the season................why is that a rant I hear you ask?............it was a piggin slimy, stinking 2ft eel.......a devil's fish IMO............
                            Last edited by Bigmallly; 07-07-2015, 08:22 AM.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• I love eating eel - never seen it at the fishmonger here and only ever once in Oxford

Comment

• 'Lost'my mobile phone yesterday, thought I'd left it in the shed on allotment, visited first thing this morning on way to my 'volunteer gardening' , no it wasn't there, and it wasn't in car, wasn't at home.

Look over at 'what makes you happy thread'!

(No hope for me!)
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X