Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids who walk over the area I have just dug over just to put one weed in the composter. Then when they have been told they have just walked over where I have dug they say sorry but just walk back over it to their original spot.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
      Building a 2.5m tall bean wigwam. Ladder required for harvesting and my knees can't do ladders. Ladder and MrPP required for harvesting.
      And to add insult to injury one of them has just gently collapsed into the other one. Did I mention that there were 2?
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Being surrounded by flippin huge trampolines, FOUR to be exact.
        That bouncy noise is getting on my wick, also why do girls have to scream so loud, is there a competition going on ?
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• What a pest they can be

My rant is next door but 1 have one,the shouts from the kids is fine here,the problem is,they bounce so high necking it over the 6ft fences,they even waved once,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Grrr

Dustbin men! (Well the ones by me) (Are they still called that, or perhaps refuse collector operators, anyway I digress....). The lid of my brown garden waste wheelie bin a smidgen too high 'cos I've been tackling my weeds with a vengeance and got carried away- only NOT emptied and a snotty note left slapped on the top for all to see, telling me I've overfilled the darned thing!!! Grrrr, and they wonder why 'fly tipping' occurs.......
            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
              Dustbin men! (Well the ones by me) (Are they still called that, or perhaps refuse collector operators, anyway I digress....). The lid of my brown garden waste wheelie bin a smidgen too high 'cos I've been tackling my weeds with a vengeance and got carried away- only NOT emptied and a snotty note left slapped on the top for all to see, telling me I've overfilled the darned thing!!! Grrrr, and they wonder why 'fly tipping' occurs.......
              Not to worry, by next week it will have composted down a bit and the lid will shut - it'll just be more smelly for them....

My rant - what's happened to my Michaelmas daisies this year? Not a sign of them front or back garden, where they grew happily for the last four years, flowering every September.
              I'll have to buy some more
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                Leeds Council bin man on
                Last edited by Bigmallly; 04-08-2015, 06:17 PM.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• These all white pages are blinding me !
                  Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

• Me - no patience.

Yes, it is a smart idea to sterilise a demijohn in the oven for 170deg for an hour, per instructions; yes, it is also smart to carefully remove and place on a cork mat to cool; no, it is *not* smart to put demijohn on the drainer before it has cooled sufficiently.

The only upside is that it cracked straight down the side on the drainer BEFORE I poured the bucket fermenting rhubarb wine into it. Now that really would have upset me!

Comment

• Can I go back to living on a farm where God botherers and chuggers couldn't be @rsed to go. If they turned up with a tin I'd put something in it but there's not a cat in hell's chance they're going to get my bank details and a regular dd. And I never knew about the God botherers until I moved into a (very small) town.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• When I had my new shed built I was looking forward to enjoying the quiet enjoyment of my garden. I object very strongly to the 3 hours of Popeye the Sailor at the weekends on the estate behind me. I have absolutely no objection to the sound of children playing but, but the 2 two doors up from me seem to spend hours and hours screeching. Is this necessary. It starts at about 6.30 in the morning and stops for about 3 hours until they get back from nursery. Then it continues until about 7pm. The only respite seems to be when it's wet, when I don't want to be out there either.

Do I sound like a total grouch?
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• I'm pleading the fifth.....................
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post

Yes, you do
                            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

I refuse to speak on the grounds it my imcriminate me

Comment

And I never knew about the God botherers until I moved into a (very small) town.
                                They seem to get everywhere. We have summer cottage villages here leftover from the communist era in the late 60's when most people werent allowed to leave the country, but were given dirt cheap land or property in the country for summer houses as a concession. Today people renovate these houses and live in them like us as there are often old farms and mills in the villages.

A couple of Jehovah's witnesses ambushed me in the garden when I was trimming the hedges. There were only 6 families living in the village but they determinedly went from house to house. I thought they looked suspicious as most people in the village look like Wurzel Gummidge pottering around their gardens and fixing their sheds but these chaps stood out in shiny shoes, tidy haircuts, well spoken and well dressed. Bit risky trying to convert someone holding a mini chainsaw.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X