Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP who didn't refer Wendy's mum for treatment.

Sorry to hear that Wendy. Good Luck!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyC View Post
      Mum now in ITU. Untreated lung condition has now caused so much damage that she is unlikely to ever be well enough to return home. Thanks GP - did you ever think she might need a referral to a consultant?
      Wendy, NHS sucks - needs a darned good shake up.... Have my own horror stories re NHS/GP /Consultant inadequacies with my dear, lovely departed parents. I'd just say, keep on making a 'nuisance' of yourself with GP and/or consultant - never give up, keep pushing for answers. Good luck with your Mum x
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
        Wendy, NHS sucks - needs a darned good shake up.... Have my own horror stories re NHS/GP /Consultant inadequacies with my dear, lovely departed parents. I'd just say, keep on making a 'nuisance' of yourself with GP and/or consultant - never give up, keep pushing for answers. Good luck with your Mum x
        The fact that the relatively few bad individuals / events tar some wonderful people who work extremely hard in the most amazingly dedicated manner but then again that doesn't make a news story. Feel tremendous sympathy for people where things have gone wrong but it is totally wrong for anybody to say that is the norm.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Lost a big fish today. My own sodding fault, I tried to bully it to the net because I was using a barbless hook. Big mistake, reached out with the net and the fish took off, snapping my line as it went!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Cabbage whites and their little pilla off sring. I've just put larger hoops over my savoys and there they all were munching away quite happily - they must have found a gap I missed in the bug mesh or I had 1 very, very thin butterfly sneak in!

Don't tell the model agencies otherwise I might spot it mooching along a catwalk in Milan!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Not so much a rant but all those little niggles that you keep trying to stay positive against

4 hand pollinated squash that have decided to die
              Only two squash varieties with hand pollinated fruit going
              Rubbish timing of male and female flowers on plants
              Kohl Rabi splitting
              Toms splitting
              Tom purposefully isolated for seed - has no seeds in it
              Waiting ages for toms to ripen only to find it lacks flavour
              The whooping great tom - that not only tastes bland but for the first time ever I wasn't that fussed about finishing it
              Lost momentum to get the last of the patch sorted.
              I really am rubbish at doing posts for fencing

I am sure there are others but you get the gist

Comment

• Went to put my new top on and the shop hasn't taken the security tag off. I don't know how to get it off. I have the receipt but I really don't want to go back to Cardiff to deal with it. It's quite expensive so I'm more than a little miffed. I thought of using my Dremel on it but have been advised the tag may contain dye if I use it. Pooh!
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• New rant. After I'd picked my son up from Wales at sparrows f@rt I had to do my Town Councillor bit and support our local festival. After all this I was hungry and went to the Indian Restaurant 2 doors down from me. It's in a residential area and I've had a continual battle to get them to comply with the conditions of their licence. They asked me what I'd like to drink and I ordered a white wine. Um, we only serve soft drinks. The food was as usual delicious but the lack of alcohol is a 2 edged sword. From the residential point of view we won't have the waiters out on the roof talking in shouts in their own language at 3am at bedroom level as there won't be any pub drop outs looking for more alcohol with a meal after the pubs have shut. On the other hand, people like a drink with their meal and won't patronise it if their only choices are Coke or water.

I would prefer that businesses in the town are successful and stay open. You can't run a restaurant outside the commercial area of a town without giving the customers what they expect.

I'd already had a couple of drinks and wasn't that bothered, I was just hungry. Do I have to go through the same shenanigans as last time it changed hands re the compliance with their licence?
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Oh No there are recipes for slugs.....

Eat slugs in tomato sauce, says television chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall - Telegraph

And I used to like the name Hugh - humph!

Comment

• Fed up with work at the moment taking the mick! I don't drive but they expect me to walk from one house to another 3/4miles away and get there in a short space of time.

And also keep waking up about 3/4am and not being able to get back to sleep
                      Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                        Fed up with work at the moment taking the mick! I don't drive but they expect me to walk from one house to another 3/4miles away and get there in a short space of time.

And also keep waking up about 3/4am and not being able to get back to sleep
                        can you cycle?
                        You can claim cycle mileage then.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...and-allowances

20p a mile.

Rant:
                        Companies who ask their staff to do silly things. Big sis was employed by a terrible company who did this sort of thing.

Comment

• Average walking pace is 3.1 mph so should take between 15 to 18 minutes, how long do you get given Carrie? As a former employer I would have scheduled appointments 30 mins apart.

For as long as I can remember I have only every had 5/6 hours sleep per night, up at 5.45 latest everyday even now I have retired, I cant see the point in spending my life in bed.
                          Last edited by Greenleaves; 08-08-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• The packet said it was Cauliflower "All The Year Round", but it turns out I've been growing "Bolts All The Year Round". Here's the latest batch:

Attached Files
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                              Average walking pace is 3.1 mph so should take between 15 to 18 minutes, how long do you get given Carrie? As a former employer I would have scheduled appointments 30 mins apart.

For as long as I can remember I have only every had 5/6 hours sleep per night, up at 5.45 latest everyday even now I have retired, I cant see the point in spending my life in bed.
                              I am not a fast walker GL.(Even my OH complains on how slow I walk when I am with him) Sometimes they give me 10 mins or 15 or 30 mins apart and sometimes they have given me 0 times apart.

I've sorted it and told them I will fit them in when I am around that area because I aint walking back. I wouldn't mind it as much if I was driving.

Alldigging, thanks. I have not ridden a bike in years. But will have put up with it until I start my new job.
                              Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                                I am not a fast walker GL.(Even my OH complains on how slow I walk when I am with him) Sometimes they give me 10 mins or 15 or 30 mins apart and sometimes they have given me 0 times apart.

I've sorted it and told them I will fit them in when I am around that area because I aint walking back. I wouldn't mind it as much if I was driving.
                                Sorry but I'm confused, what job is this ?
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X