Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^^^^^Sorry Dot you got what we were supposed to get, rain forecast but nice and sunny!!!
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Boiler service appointment booked for between 10-12pm. Waited in and then got phone call at 11:45 to say running late am I in tomorrow. No I'm not. What about this afternoon? So I have popped out to the shops and am now waiting for an appointment between 2-4pm. I need to get to the allotment.

Comment

• Wendy see the chatback thread

No rant sorry!
        sigpic

Comment

• All broccoli now removed, have never seen so many fat caterpillars, ucky! The eggs must have been there before the Environmesh went on.

Shame, no broccoli now.
          DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyC View Post
            Boiler service appointment booked for between 10-12pm. Waited in and then got phone call at 11:45 to say running late am I in tomorrow. No I'm not. What about this afternoon? So I have popped out to the shops and am now waiting for an appointment between 2-4pm. I need to get to the allotment.
            Rang at 4:20 to see what's going on. Oh we tried to ring you at 4:11 to cancel. I don't think so there are three of us here and nobody heard the phone. Are you in tomorrow? No. Rescheduled for end of the month. If you knew you couldn't make it today tell me at 10:00am not 6 hours later. Managed an hour on the plot in the rain.

Comment

• Unnecessarily bad customer relations, just no need for it.
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• My entire maincrop potato yield fits into a single photocopier paper box.

The normally reliable Picasso ('great for baking!') - but only, it would appear this year, if you are entertaining elves, gnomes or other little people.

Comment

• No wonder the piggin Sat Nav was so cheap..........Supposed to support Bluetooth but can I pair it with my phone?.............Not on your nelly................
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    No wonder the piggin Sat Nav was so cheap..........Supposed to support Bluetooth but can I pair it with my phone?.............Not on your nelly................
                    Technical fix notes:
                    1) go through logical set up
                    2) turn off all items involved in set up
                    3) turn on all items involved in set up in a spirit of optimism
                    4) try alternative set up A
                    5) try alternative set up B
                    6) turn off all items involved in set up
                    7) turn on all items involved in set up
                    8) retry from step 1
                    9) repeat steps 2-7
                    10) go away and seethe, whilst googling trouble shooting tips
                    11) disappear on red herrings from the internet
                    12) try any random set up already tried and failed
                    13) be astonished at successful (if mysterious) outcome
                    14) take a deep breathe/glass of scotch/cup of tea and wonder on the wonder of technology
                    15) 'Technology is art, not science'. Discuss

Comment

• Was 'bitten' whilst at plot yesterday, so now have one left hand itchy and swollen, and one right arm swollen and itchy, and we are going to nephews wedding on Saturday, let's hope there's an improvement by then! Or I might have to go wearing a coat!
                      DottyR

Comment

• All those tiny needle-sized haricots I'd seen on Monday and planned to pickle today are now huge, horrid and woody.
                        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Not being able to sit in the garden(I live in a flat) when the weather is nice
                          Carrie

Comment

• The 'antihistamine cream' is not working yet!
                            DottyR

Comment

• We are due a months worth of rain in the next 48 hours!
                              Carrie

Comment

• DR - try rubbing some lemon juice (or vinegar) onto the affected areas - it works a treat on me.

Rant - stinging plants and bugs - in particular the mossie that was playing hide and seek in the bedroom last night.
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X