Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My agents promise they have searched their huge database to find the best and cheapest quote for my car, this year it was £480. A quick google by me found 10 companies offering quotes from £177 to £290.
    I complained and they said "Well we can't beat that but you can have £200 cash back!!!! (It seems to be only available if you ask for it) What a crooked way to do business.
    In same vein my AA sub was £136 with home start and relay, i rang them and said I wanted to cancel I am old and ill and dont do many miles (I even coughed a lot) How about £85 he said!!!! What a way to carry on. I do this every year its a real pain.
    Last edited by Bill HH; 20-08-2015, 07:37 AM.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^They must catch some folks though.

Rant.........................thunderstorms forecast for Saturday ...........................Oh joy!!!
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Leeds United..................You are not doing my health any good................get your acts together, you're paid enough.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Weather men getting it wrong again. Would never have gone to the seaside if you had forecast the amount of rain we had arghhhhh
          Last edited by Nannysally99; 20-08-2015, 08:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Some (expletive deleted) has half-inched my spade and fork. I keep them under the shed for speedy access as I usually only have my lunch-hour and want to get as much done as possible. I don't like to think that any fellow plotters are tea-leafs but I had a wander round to see if perhaps someone had maybe "borrowed" and forgotten to return them. No luck.

Comment

• Work does my head in. I have told them time and time again I can't work a full Sunday because I find it hard to get buses because of there times and yet they still put me in all day! I have to get my parents to drive me about.

They keep telling me that I have to wait until they take on again, but they took on twice since then. And I have filled in another availability form so they can sort it out.

I wouldn't mind if I could drive but I don't and they know this.

Very annoying!
              Carrie

Comment

• I've just had a very annoying conversation with my youngest son. His siblings have convinced him I'm an alcoholic. I do go into my local during the week and have a cup or two of coffee. On Fridays I go in there and have a pint of lager followed by 2 glasses of wine. Then I go home.

He rang me having knocked on the front door when I was there but in the kitchen where I can't hear people knocking. I suggested he rang the bell next time which is what it is there for. He said "I'll talk to you when you're sober". I only go out rarely. Friday is my social time. Do my children expect me to stay at home in a rocking chair and knit. I'm fuming.

I think I've got to the age where I don't have to answer to anyone as to my whereabouts.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Everything in the garden is gasping for water. I'm fed up of carrying a watering can from the kitchen at the front of the house through to the back garden.
                  Where's all this pigging rain they keep forecasting?
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                    Everything in the garden is gasping for water. I'm fed up of carrying a watering can from the kitchen at the front of the house through to the back garden.
                    Where's all this pigging rain they keep forecasting?
                    I've got it all....................
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• My rant is about myself......

Why on earth did I allow a man who is bipolar to design (in the flappyst sense of the word) and then build (again not an appropriate word) a framework for the hen run out of 30, 12 foot long lengths of 2 x 1 in wood?

I did not realise that wood bent in those directions Oh and half of the patio is now in a heap on the back grass so room can be made for the 'thingy'
                      Last edited by Lumpy; 22-08-2015, 12:56 PM.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Mole Vs rows of parsley & coriander.
                        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• People that really do take the pi...

Rang my Husband and asked his professional advice.

Ignored his advice. Got their mate to fix it. Then have the cheek to ring back when everything has gone pear-shaped, and expect him to talk them through putting it right.

Over the phone.
                          For aaaaaages and aaaages.
                          For nothing.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• To the nurse who made my mother use a commode in the ward without closing the curtains, would you like to be treated like that? Or would you find it acceptable "care" for your mother? Why she wasn't helped to walk to the toilet as she is now capable of this? She refused to go to hospital months ago when first ill due to her fear of losing her dignity, and waited until her condition was life threatening before going in. Seems she was right after all.

Comment

• My ducks have expensive taste .

I had put a pot of saffron crocuses to one side a few days a go to plant in the patch and I knew the ducks had been doing their sifting the soil thing, however today when I emptied the pot the corms had gone. Seriously, who would think they would eat crocus corms

Comment

• Not getting ID for alcohol no more
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X