This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrie, in answer, yes! Ditto.
    Marie, hate FB. It can be a poisonous bit of tec, unfortunately ...
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Builders were supposed to start yesterday but I put it off because the weather was so awful and today as well. My rant.... son turned up to take away the rubbish that has collected on the garden since my neighbour had the skip removed and said that he would start with the house and would then do the garden. Nooooooh. I want to deal with my garden. OK, OK I'm a bloody nightmare in the house but the only person doing my garden is me. So now I have an argument about the cooker and another about the garden.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• changing phone/internet providers who then mess up the changeover, each company blaming the other for FIVE DAYS.

When I finally get through (on someone elses phone) to a call centre in the Philipines being told it's not five 'working' days, Saturdays and Sundays don't count and 'working' hours are only 9 to 5.

"9am in Manilla is not 9am in London" I pointed out. It didn't help.
        http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Maybe he means he can't find any of his favourite 'goodies' in the cupboard or fridge!

My husband can't survive without a specif brand of chocolate digestives! Hardly essential, but I feel bad if I forget to buy them! And peanut butter! Uck!
          DottyR

Comment

• Not yet finished reducing my tomato and Jalapeno ketchup by half and it's already rocket fuel
            Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• People who dump a pile of c**p on my desk that's sat on theirs for weeks because they keep procrastinating, then swan off on holiday expecting it to be dealt with when they get back. It won't!

I don't mind picking up stuff that someone genuinely didn't have time to do but dumping me with stuff that they can't be bothered to deal with is taking the P and I'm not having it.
              Last edited by Plot10; 23-09-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Back in August, I sowed some choi sum and pak choi for autumn pickings. I sowed in modules, kept at home, and nurtured it. Then I went away for the weekend, and came back to find a slug had moved in and stripped half the leaves. Found the slug, nurtured the plants.

Then I turned my back for two days and caterpillars moved in. Found the caterpillars, nurtured the plants.

In spite of daily checking, the bu...bu... buddies kept coming, and soon I was down to stalks. Finally eradicated the last of the crawlies, nurtured the plants.

A few leaves grew back. Looking good..... Oh. Aphids. Suddenly they're limp and sad. Washed off the aphids. Nurtured the plants.

Finally, yesterday, there were enough leaves back on the plants to think I could plant them out. Hooray! I thought. Maybe if I plant them out in the cold frame, I might get something before winter.... I carefully assembled a cardboard tray to protect them, lovingly put them into the boot of my car. I'd plant them out on the way back from work....

When I opened my boot at the end of the day, another bag, which had been stable and unmoving for the last, oh, 500 miles or so, had toppled over, square onto the modules, squashing them flat.

I took them home, put them back in the growhouse. Will be nurturing the plants.

I don't give up easily. *twitch*

Comment

• And this, by the way, is why I tend to buy veg plug plants and sowing my own makes me nervous...

Comment

• The plants I ordered on Sunday on a 48hr delivery haven't been dispatched yet.
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I'm trying to work out the logistics (and I don't mean the movement of goods) on this. I'm administering a business on behalf of my son. It's an internet retail business. We've found a new supplier but they require that our stock is delivered to the same address as that on the business bank card. OK, so I changed the address from our office to the place our stock is stored. Why I have not a clue. I've worked for several international businesses in my life and the offices were somewhere prestigious and the warehouses somewhere else with the bank address being the offices. The bank have confirmed that the address for the card is the storage address, but the payments go through Worldpay who say it's different. The bank say take it up with Worldpay, the supplier says take it up with Worldpay, Worldpay say take it up with your bank or your supplier and then hang up.
                      Aaaaaaargh.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Sorry 1bee- that made me chuckle!!!

Gold star for perseverance!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Can't have a weekend off work in peace without work phoning me a load of times to go and pick a call up.

I am sorry when I say no I mean no, so please stop phoning me. I work 12 days and have 2 days off. And on my 2 days off I aint going into work.

So I have turned my phone off so they can't ring. Might be in trouble on Monday for turning my phone off but oh well I am having a rest.
                          Carrie

Comment

• Having a very self opinionated 8 years old who feels its her job to upset her brother and get the better of him all the time. He gets wound up and upset and shouts at her. Then the pushing, shoving, hitting and kicking starts. They are now sat on different sofas and told don't talk to each other, look at each other just sit there and contemplate your actions and behaviour. Been sat there now for 5 minutes now so will see if they have anything to say. Wont be sorry it will be the other one started it.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Am I the only one on here who has an OH who would shove the contents of our fridge up my rear-end if I ever dared to complain about 'never having anything to eat in the house' ?
                              .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• ^^^^ If hubby moaned or said he didn't like it he knows the response will be 'you know the answer' meaning you can do it yaself (shopping, cooking, growing - the lot if he doesn't watch it).

Ummm rant - being ruddy ill.....yet again (mind you I got a couple of good months in there)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X