This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
    Moving - I want to take all the plants with me and can't.........Oh eck chickens..........how do we move chickens.........must build a run.........I don't need to sleep..........Oh eck chickens.

Phones for an appointment at the funny farm when the big white van with yellow wheels can pick me up............Oh eck chickens
    Hi Lumpy why you moving you are on here all summer with what you are doing moving lawn doing this and that and then up sticks and go move thought you would retire there
    hope it all goes well

Comment

• Rant is....best laid plans and all that.

Reasons for moving are - subsidence, extra bedroom, central heating and a kitchen you could swing a lion in rather than this one where swinging a hamster would give it brain damage as it hit the walls. Other than that it is one of my daft ideas.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Lots of mini rants all rolled into one! As some of you my know, I'm traveling to sunny rhyl today. Don't want to go, hate rhyl, hate it,hate it, ( rant 1)
        The ferries are now on there winter time table, so first train I can get is just after midday. Which means I don't get into rhyl till after 9 tonight ( rant 2).
        Other half has just disappeared up the hill to fix our water supply, as it has just run out! So now I can't have a shower before my long & unwanted journey ( rant 3).
        That will do, or I will turn into one of those whiny annoying people! ( if I haven't already )
        Paradise has its drawbacks, but I will just have to man up and deal with it

Comment

• Dentists!

Can't stand'em but have to go today and see a new dentist (my nice lady one has left) OMG ......... hooooge filling broke yesterday, my jaw's been aching all night

Comment

• Our tiny village is having a war memorial inaugurated on the 11th and as the other half of a village councillor I will have to go.

There will be a buffet afterwards - I hate small talk in English and the thought of doing it in French makes me feel sick.
            I am expected to help the other wives with the buffet, although the husbands of councillors don't have to.
            We will be singing the Marseillaise - I have 12 days to learn the words and I cannot sing in tune. (Good tune, though)

Yes, I know, all very small beer but I just hate having my inadequate social skills (I really don't like people very much ) and language skills exposed
            Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Really a minor rant compared to some people's problems but as I pay a ridiculous amount of money for milk to be delivered, I do expect it to be delivered. Only one delivery out of three has arrived this week. Then I have to ring India to find out what's going on. I do try to support this industry but when I have to go out and get milk, I am wondering whether it is worth it.

Comment

• PP!!

this might help???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q...527C2304D4AC70

OH sings the chorus and la la's the rest of it.

I smile and do an impression of a fish.
                The words are more hideous than I realised!!!
                Last edited by Nicos; 30-10-2015, 11:23 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tenants just tenants.................................If I look daft enough to believe that load of bull watsit I should go and commit suicide....................
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Cretin today overtakes a line of traffic all doing close to the max 50 kmh through a village, over a solid white line and over the brow of a hill. Half a km later we all watch him pull into his drive. People carrier with a couple of brats in the back so not even your normal old buffer on the way home from a liquid lunch.
                    He saved maybe 20 seconds on his journey and risked how many lives?
                    I must learn some better French insults (which are easily hurled when on a motorbike). Nicos?
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Not a rant as such but we don't have a 'It's Beyond Belif' thread.

We have a brown garden waste bin and so has the new bungalow so I phoned the council today to tell them we were moving and find out when it (at the new address) is due to be emptied as it is full to overflowing (thanks previous tenants).

Any how the very nice lady said that because the sticker on our present bin is for this year and the new bungalow bin has not been paid for this year the only way we can carry on with the emptying we paid for is to take our bin with us.

I said but we would have 2 bins and she said thats OK we could either use the spare one or get them to collect it at a cost of £10.

I am sure the removal men are going to be really chuffed at having to take an old brown bin in the back of the van but........

Oh and don't get me started on power companies, new acc numbers, new DD info etc.........

Large brandy coming up......well the other ones twin anyway.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                        We will be singing the Marseillaise - I have 12 days to learn the words and I cannot sing in tune. (Good tune, though)
                        We all know it's gonna end up like this - don't we.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBq0n8dxFQ
                        Last edited by KevinM67; 30-10-2015, 05:44 PM.
                        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• The OH knocked on the door of who will be our new neighbours - thankfully we are only connected by about 4 ft of back bedroom.

He explained that we will be moving in on the 12th and to apologise in advance for all the clattering etc that will happen.

All the woman said was - I have just put a new fence up and I don't want anything put on it, damaged in any way or painted on your side.

She then closed the door in his face.

So my rant is - rude people.

Comment

• Oh wow, thatll do for me as well

Comment

• Wow indeed, Lumpy! I suggest you try being extra nice to your new rude neighbour for the first few weeks, otherwise things could escalate quickly!

My rant: My allotment today was full of those tiny black flies that drift around in front of your face and make you all itchy. Also the plot neighbour who won't shut up came over to talk at me for half an hour. At least I didn't let him interrupt my work, I got a whole row of potatoes lifted while he was chuntering on repetitively. He never listens to what I say, so I didn't bother listening to him either.
                              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                                The OH knocked on the door of who will be our new neighbours - thankfully we are only connected by about 4 ft of back bedroom.

He explained that we will be moving in on the 12th and to apologise in advance for all the clattering etc that will happen.

All the woman said was - I have just put a new fence up and I don't want anything put on it, damaged in any way or painted on your side.

She then closed the door in his face.

So my rant is - rude people.
                                So what colour are you gonna paint it? Are you gonna use really runny, drippy paint

Oh my rant. Thought I would remove one lot of marguerites, put my garden fork in and....crack! It was last years chrissy pressie. Guess what is on this years pressie list

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X