Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot on Ap! the flywheel was mentioned.

My other rant is....when we bought the Golf we discovered that we'd actually bought it from Toyota!

Apparently they'd taken it apart when it was brand new to see how it had been constructed..
    There were lines and measurements everywhere inside the main body.

Unfortunately, they hadn't put it together exactly and so several bits and bobs had gone wrong which shouldn't have!
    The air vents have to be opened by 'closing' them for eg and for a VW it's an extremely rattly car!.
    It's not done a vast mileage so this must be another of those 'things'.

Real bargains are a thing of dreams me thinks!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Grrrrrrrrr, i knew i should have got a new translator. She sends me a message this morning that she can no longer come with us on Friday. Better scratch up on my medical language of Spanish. Going to try it by ourselves so wish us luck.
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Lisa- Can you phone ahead to see if there is anyone medical who speaks some English can be to hand in case of problems?

It what a lot of expats do over here.

As an aside...
        I used to be on the hospital records as Sign Language translator. I only got level 1 ( of 3) but no-one else had any experience at all in the whole hospital!
        Pretty rubbish really.

Nowadays I think typing on pc /ipad would be waaay easier!

Comment

• Dual mass flywheels although expensive should last for many years, my frontera was sold at 123,000 miles still with the original fitted, over the 10 years I had the car it was used for greenlaning. pay & play, towing & on more than one occasion "snatch recovery" of other similar sized vehicles.
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• 95K miles! Pants eh????
            It did tow wood for a short time- but was well within it's limit.

Just typical!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              We've had so much rain over the last week, it's seeped under the pond liner causing it to bladdy float.....Gonna have to feed the pond vac under the liner........poor George.
              Happens to us in storms, but a length of hosepipe right down under the liner seems to have done the trick, plus a drain to deal with the steady build up.

My rant - builders over the way working on the black while we struggle to make ends meet doing it right because we can't compete with the likes of them.
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Being told to sit down and let everyone else get on with it. It's my house and I'm very capable (and better at painting and decorating) of doing most of it myself. What makes it worse is that 2 weeks ago I was told I was bl@@dy lazy and letting everyone else do all the work. I can't win. And I'm not going to start an argument over it as I can't afford for my son to walk away as he's doing the plumbing and wiring.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Said builders have just broken the water main.
                  Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• well I would laugh but that is going to disrupt so many people. As a gardener. it irks me to see the fly by nighters(who end up being the fly tippers) working in my area. Those that employ them are the first to complain as well.

oops, my rant, Flybynighters
                    Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 01-12-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Throat sore again. Urgh.

Comment

• I desperately need a sofa bed for my new snug/spare bedroom. All the ones I've seen are either a) too expensive, b) too "studenty" or c) leather (which I personally don't like). But the biggest problem is that they are all greige. Doesn't anyone do a nice, sensible, reasonably priced sofa bed in a colour.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• If you got a sewing machine,how about a second hand sofa,try charity shops,gum tree ext,then make some covers for it,they can then be washed when needed,you will have your own choice of color then.

my rant,i need more days like today
                          Last edited by lottie dolly; 02-12-2015, 09:15 PM.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Trying to click 'New Posts' button but accidentally click on the hot bin ad. Visits to that page will be well up on usual after tonight!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Teenage daughters.

Actually, one of my teenagers is 27 but she got developmentally stuck in the flouncy teenage years (has learning difficulties).

This morning I have had shrill, screechy, hormonal hysteria....in stereo
                              http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Trying to find ways to help our adult fostered guy with learning disabilities (34) do all the things he wants to but can't.
                                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X