X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you insured?

This article was in the Daily Mail today :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

As one of the comments suggest - is this just a cynical ploy to get people off the site perhaps ?

Derek
    http://madallotment.blogspot.com/ - updated 19/08/2007

thats just silly
    Yo an' Bob
    Walk lightly on the earth
    take only what you need
    give all you can
    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Utter madness! makes me an angry Mrs H
      and I really don't like anger!

Comment

cynical me thinks they want the lotttie holders to give up so they can make more money from building houses....

Comment

I first checked date not April 1st so came to the assumtion the inmates are really running the asylum the answer to it not to allow visitors on your site it will bring it back to how it used to be a true escape retreat from the OH bring it on
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

There was a similar article in the Daily Express: www.express.co.uk/posts/view/9236. What a silly, silly idea! Shall stop now before I get too cross! Bernie
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

You're never going to get much sense out of either the Daily Mail or the Express, they're both still too concerned about Diana to actually print a well thought out and reasoned arguement about anything!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Leaving aside the origins of these stories, this surely is bureaucracy gone crazy?
                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Of course it is Tony, but apparently with some grounding. Please understand that I am not trying to justify such rank stupidity as a 5 mill cover but if you are injured on a lottie were you aware that the ambulance doesn't *have* to come out.

There is some loophole in the law/regulations which means that they do not have to respond if it might mean leaving the public highway.

The cover therefore should be more on the private medical lines!

No cheaper I'm sure!
                  The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
                    Of course it is Tony, but apparently with some grounding. Please understand that I am not trying to justify such rank stupidity as a 5 mill cover but if you are injured on a lottie were you aware that the ambulance doesn't *have* to come out.

There is some loophole in the law/regulations which means that they do not have to respond if it might mean leaving the public highway.

The cover therefore should be more on the private medical lines!

No cheaper I'm sure!
                    So following that if i was injured in my back garden they don't have to come out either? Or at work which is down a private driveway? It all gets to srupid for words.
                    Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
                    -- Alfred E. Neumann
                    http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

I do so agree!
                      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Oh my,... the world has gone mad. I agree there is more to this than meets the eye. They want that land.
                        Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

So if somebody falls and hurts themselves in - say - a Tesco car park which is not covered by the Highways Act and many are not - the ambulance wont go to pick them up?

Nonsense.
                          TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

There are two issues here:

ONE :They will not take the ambulance off the public highway. So if you are on your back in a field they will walk over to you....just thake longer.

TWO: Insurance, All they need to do is to form themselves into a Society and make all plot holders members of the Society then the Society takes out PLI for the whole site and devides up the cost.

Where do they get the £375 minimum policy cost from. My home insurance is £110 and includes £5M of PLI...I think we pay £200 for £10M of PLI for 22 Acres of Allotments.

Don't forget what you read in the newspapers is only there to make you buy the paper and most of it is not true.
                            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post

Don't forget what you read in the newspapers is only there to make you buy the paper and most of it is not true.
                              You cant beleive the half of it and the other half is lies
                              There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X