Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been aggravating some people this afternoon.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC on the PC.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

it's also frowned on to mention the "C" word too early or ask Parsnips questions without searching first. #just saying :-)
      this will be a battle from the heart
      cymru am byth

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Martin...please don't forget, ....we really don't want to discuss religion,cats!!!!!, politics or personal health issues either!....nor see piccies of children without parental consent!!!!....
        That is, cats in relation to gardening and the discouragement thereof. Discuss your pet cats to your hearts content on the 'chat' threads.

Comment

Ohhhhh,the mention of cats has reminded me of something I promised to do
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by DWSmith View Post
            I'm curious about a few things done by organic gardeners so I went to an 'organic gardening' (???) website yesterday and asked a simple question. I don't like it when people answer a simple question by starting a game of '20 questions' in an effort to hide their ignorance. I never could get an answer out of that bunch so this afternoon I told them I could have directed my question to a bag of rocks and not received less information. I got banned. No great loss. Except for 1 person, I really don't think the folks replying to me had a clue about organic gardening. (After reading the thread my wife told me that she thinks I've learned more about organic gardening in the few days I've been looking into it than the folks that replied to me on that website know. Sad.)

That forum membership lasted about 24 hours after my first post.

Do you think I can beat that?
            What was the question?
            Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Last edited by Martin H; 28-07-2014, 01:11 PM.
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

First do soil test that will tell you the Ph of your soil. If Ph shows that the soil is too alkaline you need to add Iron sulphate or Bone meal which will correct the situation. You need to aim for a Ph of around 7 which is neutral. The iron sulphate and bonemeal are both organic sources of iron.
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

try Advanced Nutrients Revive (100% organic)

herewith a snip from advanced nutrients site: (I use many of their products with great success)

Iron deficiency is common in many plants, especially those grown indoors.

Deficiencies initially show as interveinal chlorosis in young leaves, with leaf veins green in color and older leaves unaffected. Leaves are smaller than normal.

Iron deficiency is especially a problem in alkaline conditions, or in wet, poorly root zone media. Iron becomes more bioavailable when root zone and nutrient water becomes more acidic, or when the proper chelates are bound with the iron.

Iron deficiency also reveals itself as interveinal chlorotic mottling of immature leaves. In severe cases, new leaves lack chlorophyll but show little or no necrotic spots. Chlorotic mottling of immature leaves starts first near bases of leaflets so that the middle of the leaf appears to have a yellow streak.

Cool temperatures, high humidity and wet root zone conditions create Fe deficiencies, especially if Fe is already in short supply.

Iron is difficult for plants to absorb and to transport. That's why you should only use Advanced Nutrients nutrient formulas- they are properly chelated for fast and easy absorption of iron and other key micronutrients.

Plant uptake of Fe decreases with increased soil pH, and is adversely affected by high levels of available P, Mn and Zn in soils. Excessive iron causes bronzing of leaves with tiny brown spots.

Plants use iron for protein and nucleic acid metabolism, chlorophyll formation and electron transport. Enzymes (catalase, peroxidase, cytochromes) and photosynthesis components require iron.

The ratio of iron and sulfur available to plants directly affects their ability to take in nitrogen.

Iron in plants and root zones are mostly found bound to chelates; that's why free iron levels are extremely low (10mM). Iron has to be reduced to Fe+ at the root surface before being transported to the cytoplasm (only grasses can absorb iron in the form of Fe3+). In the xylem iron is transported in the form of a iron-carbohydrate complex.

Iron is a key component of formulas such as Advanced Nutrients Revive, which cause crops to come back to life after suffering stress, predator attack, disease, drought or excess heat.

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                    Ohhhhh,the mention of cats has reminded me of something I promised to do
                    Something you need to pee on, BB?

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    And some of us like to have a laugh along the way......................
                    Yes, I was going to add that some of us get silly sometimes on serious threads......
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by DWSmith
                      Of course this website will be my primary website. I'll just look over there now-and-then to kill some time.
                      You're going to fit in very well with that type of flattery

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X