No announcement yet.

Quitting the rat race

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my, FG - brave step but I am sure the right one for you. You can only keep on with the same old grindstone for a finite amount of time - and being tired and dispirited are indicators that something needs to change.

Now don't get too anxious about your fruit and veg - or your compost- nature is generous and will give freely in the future. If not nature, all you need it to put some hints out to fellow allotmenteers and I am sure all sorts of goodies will come your way. Join one of the free recycling groups in your area - loads of freebies turn up on our local one!

Good luck with your endeavours!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Good luck FG, I left the rat race behind last December aged 55 after over 30 years in the NHS.........I couldn't see me doing another 11 years so weighed up the pros & cons and jumped ship. Scary? oh yes but worth every minute.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Good Luck FG.....my only advice is ENJOY!!!!

Comment

Wow, amazing decision, well done.

What are your plans? Or maybe that's all still up in the air? We are all rooting for you whatever, that's for sure.
          My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Originally posted by Noosner View Post
            Wow, amazing decision, well done.

What are your plans? Or maybe that's all still up in the air? We are all rooting for you whatever, that's for sure.
            plans?? what are they?!?!?!?
            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Change is life, life is change. Otherwise you're just floating downstream with the other dead stuff. Good for you FG, hope all goes as you would wish. Don't fret over your plants, take cuttings of treasured ones and leave the rest with a glad heart for the next owner.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

I had a major birthday in May. I still work full time. Plus I have several acres to maintain at home. Some days I'm just itching for an excuse to walk out of here. The people are nice and I have a good job but I'd like to live my own life for a while before I die.

A previous employer's pension plan sent me some pension information yesterday so I'm really thinking about dropping out of the rat race.

I envy you FG.
                Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Best of luck Farmer_Gyles , I took the plunge two years ago and have never looked back, there were some scary moments at first but I have never felt so contented or alive.

Comment

I'm sure it's a decision you won't regret.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                    Bex

Comment

2 days of major decluttering done .... house had a good clean today .... estate agent taking pics tomorrow ....
                      my son, who is hardly ever here, has suddenly decided he doesn't want to move ....
                      tough luck ....

Comment

Gosh! What a head-spinningly (not sure if that's a word but I know what I mean) great -and brave- decision... and you know who fortune favours...

Comment

Originally posted by Yasai View Post
                          ... you know who fortune favours...
                          always seems that fortune favours those who least deserve it .... the selfish, the unthinking, the greedy ....

Comment

Definitely a good decision FG - am looking at swapping my small London flat for a very small smallholding myself, but it'll take me a year or two to take the plunge.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X