No announcement yet.

Food Dehydrator

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't tried jerky or bolting but I find courgette crisps are totally Morris, as are dried strawberries, kale, Apple's, bananas, kale, tomatoes, etc.

I bought a couple of very fine mesh oven sheets from the pound shop which are great for doing fruit leathers on and I've just got a couple of tins of Bachelor's condensed soup that I'm going to try drying to make instant cupper soup.

The only things that I've dried that I wasn't to impressed with were beetroot (I sliced them too thick) and carrots (which I only like raw an fresh anyways)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
      I find courgette crisps are totally Morris
      Interesting expression, not heard it before. I guess in this context it means "cool, handsome, sexy, loving, loyal, smart, great sexual performer"? I might start using it.

The other urban dictionary possibilities are, ahem, rather too rude for a forum such as this...

Agree that courgette crisps are nice though
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
        Interesting expression, not heard it before. I guess in this context it means "cool, handsome, sexy, loving, loyal, smart, great sexual performer"? I might start using it.

The other urban dictionary possibilities are, ahem, rather too rude for a forum such as this...

Agree that courgette crisps are nice though

That'll be down to fat thumbs and the stupid autocorrect. They are of course Moorish meerkat Morrison ( sod it they're very nice)

If you're applying that definition to courgette, are you slicing it first? :0
        Last edited by Jay-ell; 10-10-2014, 11:37 AM. Reason: ps

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by PamK View Post
          Hi pigletwillie thanks for reply could I message you for info when needed be great to talk more about them
          Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Ate loads of kudo in South Africa, was really lovely but I liked croc too (although not as nice as a big fat kudo steak ). Couldn't see any for sale on the site but it may be seasonal. Probably as well for me really as I like to buy locally and am not sure we can farm it over here so I can avoid any ethical dilemmas . There is an ostrich farm round here though (Preston-ish I think) which I've bought from at markets on several occasions.
            Just looked it up Alison, Ashtonexoticmeats.com front page has the meats for sale, paypal taken
            Nannys make memories

Comment

I bought one a couple of years ago but got bored with it fairly quickly. Dried tomatoes, and made fruit leather from pulp. Banana's were a disaster though!
              Probably my low attention span that consigned it to I know not where!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just got a text saying that my niece wants a couple of jars of dehydrated apple for Christmas and my sister wants dehydrated cherry tomatoes.

There's a couple of easy presents.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of one for ages.

Suspect it might be something worth having as an allotment group to share as it's probably not something that gets used a lot of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post

Suspect it might be something worth having as an allotment group to share as it's probably not something that gets used a lot of the time.
                    Trouble is that everyone will want it at the same time...Mine's been used most nights for a while, but will go under the bed with the sloe gin till summer in a month or so. Still building up stocks of apple rings and root crisps, as well as drying herbs till then.
                    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post

They don't have to be expensive. My Westfalia one was about £30 several years ago and earnt it's worth within the first year. Don't see the point in spending hundreds.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Anyone tried drying grapes...I've got loads and made more than enough jam, jellies etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X