Just simply - Thank You

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just simply - Thank You

Just wanted to say thank you to everybody who has helped me and answered endless pointless questions. As much as I always wanted an allotment I really believe that without you guys I would have given up on my plot and not ploughed on through as I have done, and I am so glad I have. I know it is not ready for planting in just yet but I can finally see a point where it will be

so thank you, and please continue to answer probably even more pointless questions as the growing season commences with a list longer than your arm of new things to grow

Attached Files

You've made such a lot of progress Mumbles - well done. Keep those photos coming - they're inspirational for anyone who takes on a new plot

We lurve questions - so keep on asking, and we'll keep answering. i want to see you entering the Vine Show next year

Comment

Wow Mumbles you have managed to get a lot done on that plot - and an impressive pile of manure as well. You are going to have a great year next year
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

i did enter a few classes this year with produce that survived the dog (not a lot), and did come 3rd in best failure, although my other half said he couldn't decide if that was something to be proud of or not :P I can't wait to enter some more next year, hopefully including fluffiest bum as hoping to get chickens too I'm so excited, growing cannot start soon enough

Comment

Some failures taste just as nice as the good ones..........................They're for eating not kissing...........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Not much of a forum if no one asks questions. As for pointless, that just isn't true, besides have you seen some of the threads on here

Failures are good, cos it meant you tried in the first place and you can learn from failures and when you talk about it, everyone else can learn. It's good growing innit

Can't wait to see how you get on next year, seeing how much you have done already (lots more pics please)

Comment

Wow, you've done loads of work on your plot, well done! It looks completely ready to go now. Onwards and upwards!
              My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Well done Mumbles like NorfolkGrey said failures mean that you have tried, next year will show the successes that you have learned from this years failures, keep on keeping on
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

If you've learnt from your failure then its not a failure. It's meant that you've learnt that some things work and some don't.
                  I think your pics are great. You've put so much work into your plot and it shows
                  sigpic

Comment

As the others say...a huge we'll done to you!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well Done You! Try not to think about failures I consider them as Oh Wells - Oh well I'll try again next year. At least when I say to Mr Lump 'we have Oh Well cyrry tonight he knows exactly what it means. Keep up the good work
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Yes, well done so far. Dont try and rush is, thats my advice.
                        I wish i had a quid for every failure in my gardening life. Over the years i have tried and failed to grow carrots so this year i tried something differnt: in late August chucked a handful of carrot seed in the large old square rubber water tanks that i had grown tatties in and they are doing ever so well and will be on the menu at Xmas.. and i am dead chuffed. So keep on trying.
                        Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Well done Mumbles.. This time next year you will be congratulating yourself on a good year's growing
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks (again!) all.

I was more than happy with my best failure, him inside just doesn't understand gardening - when I told him I was paying to have poo delivered think he nearly called the men in white coats!

Comment

Paying for hos muck? Never heard the like. I get mine for good old Yorkshire price of FREE. All i do is collect it one a month.
                              Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X