X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Tock ...

... It's the Death clock!

Don't take this too seriously! Though there is an important message here i.e. that by eating healthily, watching our weight, limiting alcohol consumption and giving up smoking, we can increase our longevity .. Calculate your life expectancy today
    Last edited by bearded bloke; 07-12-2014, 10:15 AM. Reason: link broken as it has no medical basis
    Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
    Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Thanks KA I found that interesting. Thankfully I'm not really bothered about dying - It's far more important for me to have a good, and by that I mean nonjudgemental, charitable etc time.
    My attitude towards death sounds flippant but after having serious heath conditions since childhood and propbably years in hospital I find the idea of death uninteresting.
    This site does bring up some interesting theological issues but ......
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

90 years and 4 days

As long as I die happy and not just of old age that will do me.
      Unfortunately I have known far too many exceptionally healthy living people to pass away or end up with a serious illness. So for me it is do what you want and where possible in moderation.

Comment

Me again - I've spent some time mooching around the site and I find it 'uncomfortable'. Everyone on here grows something and whether they are aware of it or not they participate in lifecycles. So whether it is a radish or redwood, person or pyramid everything has it's time.
        I consider sites such as these potentually dangerous as a person with acute depression (as an example) may look at their time remaining and watch the seconds ticking down and come to the conclusion that they can't cope for however many years the clock said they have left. It could lead to tragedies that would not have happened.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

That was great fun if I believe the results of that little test. I've only got 18 years left

Comment

Hehe,am gona live till am 90 & 3days,i plan to beat that hehehe,love the little head stone,thats all good for me,it means i can carry on growing stuff,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I've only got 15 years to go. How depressing!! The BMI calculator didn't help because it didn't have exact measurements - you have to round them up or down to get to the nearest. So my 5'2" had to be rounded down to 5' and that makes a big difference when you're little to start with.
              PS Don't wait to send flowers, I'll have them now

Comment

Well, I'm a bit of a 'what will be, will be' kind of a Gal, and won't be reading it. Having had one Grandparent die in their early 50s, two in their 70s and the other at the ripe old age of 95, I shall make the most of what I have. I've been through some health issues myself, and find I now look at life a lot more philosophically.

Here's to a long, happy, healthy life to us all!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

As I said, you don't want to take all this too seriously.

There is a highly valid central point though. Through changes to our diet and lifestyle we can add years to our lives - and life to those years, as so much of ill health/degenerative disease is down to poor diet and lifestyle choices. And that can only be a good thing.
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 08-12-2014, 09:55 AM. Reason: no edit :Please note that the poster has no medical training & is posting a personal opinion
                  Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.

Comment

Degenerative diseases also run in families, and even bronze age humans had Arthritis, evidenced by their bones - we really shouldn't believe that we can change everything through diet and lifestyle choices.

They probably help people stay healthier.
                    That's about as much as you can say, the rest is out of our control - or fit and healthy people wouldn't die young!

Enjoy your life while you can, I may be wrong, but I don't think you get another one

Comment

Oh dear I don't have very long at all! Never mind, with a bit of luck I can dodge the grim reaper for my remaining 4 years!
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

"Life, don't take it too seriously, no one gets out of it alive" (an American friend of mine)

"We're not here for a long time so have a good time" (a friend from Norfolk)
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

My doctor reckons he treats the human body like a car - and if he had my body he would have it towed away!! So, I shan't bother with that site..........

Comment

But daft really, my BMI is low and I don't smoke but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm healthy

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                              Degenerative diseases also run in families, and even bronze age humans had Arthritis, evidenced by their bones - we really shouldn't believe that we can change everything through diet and lifestyle choices.
                              There are no guarantees when it comes to lifespan, that's true. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't take responsibility for our own health and welfare.

If ancient man was afflicted with arthritis that is precisely a sign that the disease is effected by diet and lifestyle! Arthritis is a disease of an acid state.
                              All degenerative diseases thrive in an acidic environment.
                              [Everyone: If you have a few spare moments research the significance of, and the need to maintain, a healthy acid:alkaline balance....]
                              Last edited by bearded bloke; 08-12-2014, 09:56 AM. Reason: no edit : Please note that the poster has no medical training & is posting a personal opinion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X