Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm twice as boring as you Scarlet. Lived here for 33 years and 12 days (I think), We moved in at the end of January. The house cost £65,000 and we really stretched ourselves for the mortgage. Doesn't seem much now!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I'm twice as boring as you Scarlet. Lived here for 33 years and 12 days (I think), We moved in at the end of January. The house cost £65,000 and we really stretched ourselves for the mortgage. Doesn't seem much now!
      We moved the end of Jan. £65,000! My OH bought his first house for £19,000 in the valleys

Comment

• Are you living in the spare bedroom, Scarlet?
        My OH bought his first house for about £19,000 too - in Cardiff. Our next house cost £25.000 in 1978, then it was the big move to this house in 1982 Couldn't afford to move here now

Comment

• Would anyone like some bread? I have enough to go around

Attached Files
          Carrie

Comment

• We too are boring I'm afraid. Moved in here August 1981, so that makes 34 years this summer.
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
              Would anyone like some bread? I have enough to go around

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53267[/ATTACH]
              Yes please Carrie, looks lovely
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                Would anyone like some bread? I have enough to go around

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53267[/ATTACH]
                Yum! With butter and jam, please!

Evening folks - another tough ol' work day here - I'm just taking a quick break to scoff some of Carrie's bread before shuffling a few more files - another hour or so before I'm done, I would guess.

Never mind - I shall have a restorative glass of white when I'm done.

Comment

• ^^ Just one Hazel?

Comment

• I'm off bread, ta, but it looks yummy.

Spreadsheets and paperwork here, too, Hazel. Whilst it's quiet.

As for houses, my Folks have lived in their house about 40 years. It has more than doubled in size since then, and has decent sized rooms - which is why I can't get used to rabbit-hutch living. It won't be long before Bankers and Politicians are the only folk who'll be able to afford to buy. We certainly can't, unless we get a win on the Lotto.

Coffee?
                    Last edited by Glutton4...; 12-02-2015, 05:00 PM.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      Spreadsheets and paperwork here, too, Hazel. Whilst it's quiet.
                      Coffee?
                      Yes, please. Trouble is, I've been behind the desk all day, and my brain is going mushy...

Comment

• No bread for me Carrie ta, it'll spoil me dinner even though I don't know what I'm havin.................by the way, the pic reminded me, how did you go on with your light?
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• More digging at the new plot today, bit of variety today though. Not just dandelions, bindweed and couch grass but massive nettle roots too! Came back to find my chitting potatoes have been stacked, without their labels, to make room for a computer to be built. Grrr!

Comment

• I guess someone's in the doghouse Wendy..............
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Yes, the baby of the house who is 16 today! Fortunately the varieties are quite distinct so I could work out what's what.

Comment

• Ah well, birthday girls & boys are always excused...............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X