This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are up bright and early Flo!
    Morning all, busy day today starting with cake class . Have a good day all!

Comment

• Morning all, cake in oven. Off for a blood test this morning, no eating, no cup of tea Grrr.
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning

Sounds like you had a good run Hazel well apart from the idiot near the finish.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all!

Thanks for all your congrats - my legs are stiff this morning, and I'm giving myself the day off from the gym.

Next one in the diary is the Great Midland Fun Run at the end of May which is 13k around Sutton Park. Our town punches above its weight with this event with the town coming to a standstill as 7,000 participants plod round the streets. Elite runners at the one end of the scale, chaps pushing a sofa round the course at the other. Various smurfs, flintstones characters etc somewhere in the middle. Even dogs can be entered. The big strapline is that it is a 'FUNdraiser and not a race'. Yeah, right.

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Sounds like you had a good run Hazel well apart from the idiot near the finish.
          Yes, hardly sporting, was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            You are up bright and early Flo!
            Morning all, busy day today starting with cake class . Have a good day all!
            Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
            Morning all, cake in oven. Off for a blood test this morning, no eating, no cup of tea Grrr.
            Happy Monday everyone................but why, Oh why do two of you have to start it with the mention of cake You know what it does to my digestive juices

NannySally - how can you make a cake without licking your fingers, or the spoon, or the bowl...................or the worksurface Or have you left it until after your blood test?

Comment

• Morning all!
              Late start for me I'm afraid
              Still...got the washing machine and tumble dryer doing their bit...and done all my hand washing.

Almost looks like I could start drying my things outside soon- I love the smell of line dried clothes

Also been 'doing a Hazel' again this morning- nope not running- but sorting out shoes, bags, belts,slippers ,hats,gloves and scarves to get rid of.
              If the weather is good I'm going to do the first car boot sale of the year in a couple of weeks...just need to sort out more 'unneeded' as opposed to 'unwanted' possessions!

VERY hard for me

Time for a cuppa and piece of caaaake- help yourself peeps!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm very impressed, Nicos - funnily enough, I cast a critical eye over my wardrobe the other day - lots I could weed out under the heading 'not worn for 12months'.

I find the getting rid easy for me - it's the replacing that is tricky! I'm hopeless (and I mean that) at knowing what suits me, so am paralysed with indecision in clothes shops just in case I spend - say - fifty quid or more, which I haven't exactly got spare - on something which happens to turn me into a sack of spuds. I never know whether this is the case until I've worn it a couple of times, at which point I can't take it back to the shop.

So I end up in the charity shops making a stab at things, which may or may not be good, but at least are cheap, and if they are worn twice and go back to the charity shop again, at least I've done my bit to help others.

Some things I buy are misses and go back after one wear (I have a skirt like that in the wardrobe whose time on the rail is limited); some are ok (a top originally from per una which suits me but is a bit short so you get a chill round your kidneys; a green corduroy coat which is perfect apart from being just that bit too small) and the occasional hit (a pair of smart trousers for £2 which fit like a glove).

Comment

• I also am having a "rationalizing" session in the garage
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Yey!...Spring Cleaning eh???

Comment

• Really ought to do this too! Don't know about you bb but if your garage is anything like mine, there is no room for a car! Full of everything non car related...the house is the same, groaning under the amount of unneeded stuff! Does anyone know if charity shops take things from you in the shop or do you have to wait for the bags through the door?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                        Really ought to do this too! Don't know about you bb but if your garage is anything like mine, there is no room for a car!
                        Another one of my bugbears! People who have a garage but it's so full of cr@p that they can't get the car in!!!

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                        ! Full of everything non car related...the house is the same, groaning under the amount of unneeded stuff!
                        Why??!!!

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                        Does anyone know if charity shops take things from you in the shop or do you have to wait for the bags through the door?
                        Yes!!! Speak to your charity shop of choice and they will even be able to arrange collection!!!!

Sorry run out of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s
                        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 16-03-2015, 03:55 PM. Reason: inserting missing 'even'!

Comment

• As far as I am aware most charity shops will take from you if you turn up with your bags of things.

Always a good idea to phone first and ask what they don't need and when is a good time to drop off ( thinking of their staffing levels to go through them.)

I think electrical things are a no no everywhere????

Comment

• Some people like clutter - I do I'd never be able to find anything if the house/garage/garden was tidy. I'm comfortable in my clutter - it fits me perfectly

Comment

• Ohhhhhhhhh Hazel I'm in trouble I have no room for a car, what makes it worse is .... I have a double garage which has had extra length added for work bench & storage racking
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                I think electrical things are a no no everywhere????
                                No!!!!! Check first with the charity shop, but a lot of them do now take electricals!!!!

Sorry - finger still stuck on the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! key.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X