Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Saturday from my little sunshiny corner! Don't know how long it will last but its enough to make the daffies glow
    Not sure what to do today but I'm sure that, by this evening, I'll have decided
    Have a great day whatever you're doing

Comment

• My daffs look spectacular this year!

I buy a large bag each year and plant them about the place in clumps and put dwarf varieties in the windowtubs and plant those out after flowering to make way for the geraniums( pelargoniums).

After 7 years of doing that you can imagine the explosion of yellow I get for a few weeks!!!
      Sadly when they die back there is a lull of colourful flowers which is them more than made up by the wonderful cherry, plum, pear, apple and hedgerow blossom and the lush green of new leaves.

Don't you just love this time of year?????
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lots of daffs here too - for similar reasons - especially if I spot an end of season bag being sold off cheaply Forsythia is about to flower too - so plenty of yellow to brighten the garden. Bluebells take over from the daffs here so it moves into a blue mood in May

Comment

• Morning it's a beautiful sunshiny morning here, cold though! Still thinking of getting a new kitchen...in the time that I have been thinking my daughter has had a kitchen fitted, next door have had a huge extension built and a new kitchen fitted and my 83 year old mum has been and had a new kitchen designed and that will be fitted in a couple of weeks! The more I think about it the more I understand why my OH is in despair!
          sigpic

Comment

• Jay, I only got one because of a water leak. My husband had his head in his hands many times. I'm glad it's over
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning, nice and sunny here but windy out there. I've been to the market this morning and clean the flat. Not sure what I am going to do today. May just chill and put my feet up and read. OH is cooking our tea tonight. So I may just have to try my wine out(later of course )

Have a good day
              Carrie

Comment

• Was up before 6 this morning,husband has gone off to Birmingham to a photography event, so I had all the 'domestic type' stuff done by 9.00!

Been up and downstairs about 150 times with puppy, ( ok, I exaggerate,) have also moved most of the herbs in pots up a floor, so he can't eat them. Bless him, he is now snoring!
                DottyR

Comment

• Bulbs are up - Yey!
                  I wasnt sure they would come up as they were all given to us last year. We went to a farm shop where a fella was moaning about how many bulbs had not been bought - ears pricked up immediately. After talking to him her gave us 100's if not 1000's of unidentifiable bulbs.
                  All the neighbours were happy asI played bulb fairy and gave ALOT away.
                  No idea what they were but.....we now have daffs, mini daffs, hyacinths, and some as of yet unknown all showing up in the garden.
                  My favourite are the mini's and the huge white daffs ones that smell terific.
                  Last edited by Lumpy; 21-03-2015, 11:45 AM.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Hello All. I've only been outside to hang the washing Hope it's fine tomorrow so I can do a bit in the garden. I've been on my feet most of the day batch cooking for my son and the freezer. My daughter came this morning for a long chat - that was the best part of the day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Picked up 4th pallet of 60 bags of compost this morning - we now have additional orders for a 5th pallet. :-)
                      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Just trying out my wine I made. It tastes okay for a beginner at making it.
                        Carrie

Comment

• Prevening all! Hope you've all had a good day? I don't seem to have done much except clean the house, and if I put my mind to it that doesn't take more than a couple of hours, so I'm not sure where the day has gone. Mind you, I have cleaned the fridge, and got a batch of wine underway.

I've just been up the road for a paper, and mushrooms and other ingredients, and I'm gonna hit the kitchen in a mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                            Just trying out my wine I made. It tastes okay for a beginner at making it.
                            Good for you, Carrie - and it will improve immeasurably with time. Did you make it from a kit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                              Good for you, Carrie - and it will improve immeasurably with time. Did you make it from a kit?
                              I hope so Yeah I made it from a kit.
                              Carrie

Comment

• Right - best get my pinny on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X