X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
    Outside - wet and very windy
    It was really stormy here last night, Lumpy. Hope the chest infection doesn't stop you enjoying the festivities. A fine excuse for someone else to stand in the queue at £land - could whoever you send get me some more of those snowflakes for the windows? It's not snowy enough round here.
    Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 22-12-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Morning all,it has been chucking it down all day yesterday and all through the night...real heavy rain. It has stopped at long last but the garden is like a quagmire! Just got the dogs groomed on Friday...can you imagine what they look like already, should have just saved my money! Doing, hopefully the last of the food shop today and then can enjoy the rest of the holiday, hope it's not too busy. Hope you all have a lovely day no matter what you are doing.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Lumpy...hope you get better soon.
      Last edited by Jay22; 22-12-2014, 09:11 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning another windy day here and no I didn't have artichokes for tea
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, I've just got back from mine and my fella's new place. Got the keys today, so hopefully should be moving in next week
          I will miss growing my own fruit and veg but I can still grow some things on the windowsills in the flat.

Not going to do much today apart from look on the web at furniture. Have a good day
          Carrie

Comment

• Good Afternoon All. Lazy lie in this morning with all the trimmings. Family have all been to collect their parcels. Youngest GG has just been picked up by my daughter. She had stayed with us while her daddy went to hospital to have fluid drawn off his knee again (he has chronic gout). Really quiet now and in need of hoovering as three of my grandsons were in and out like a fiddler's elbow, but I really can't be bothered just yet. Weather is mild, damp and a bit gloomy. It is lovely not being at work. Hope you're all having a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Well the tragic events in Glasgow put things in perspective...makes me feel rotten to think I was moaning because my oven broke down! Thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved. Could cry!
              sigpic

Comment

• Evening all! I'm off to Sains in a min for the following:

ready made pastry (even my mother concedes that puff pastry is a good thing to buy and not make)
                baked beans (you need to have a standby in case of disaster occuring)
                lemonade (need to have something to have in your glass of port)
                a card and present (last one - at least I know what I'm getting)
                6 crackers

Then I coming back to make A List for the Christmas dinner. Might make the stuffing too.

Comment

• oh Jay, I've only just read the news. All those people just before Christmas! So sad...

Comment

• Yes it's terribly sad!
                    sigpic

Comment

• At first I thought it was a terrorist attack, but one man dying at the wheel - unbelievably sad, all those poor people he took with him

Comment

• I think the driver is being treated in hospital. Tragic all round.
                        sigpic

Comment

• How will he cope with what has happened - if he survives......

A tragedy

Comment

• Morning all, hope you are all well. To lighten the thread a bit. The oven element has been delivered which I have fitted and now have a hot oven!! Really easy job, just unclip old element and replace with the new one. My new vertical blind slats are now up and I have just put the chains on...painful on the fingers but all looks good now! Better get some housework done now. Have a lovely day.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Nice one, Jay - a relief getting the oven sorted out!

Suggest that you check the temperature with an oven thermometer just to make sure that the new element 'cooks' the same as your old one. Shouldn't make any difference as you haven't changed the thermostat, but best to check before you - say - cook an important meal........

Comment

• Glad you're sorted Jay
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X