Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Noon All. Had my haircut and made the gravy for Thursday. I'm in the process of making the trifle which everybody insists on. I love Christmas Pudding, but no-one else likes it. Middle GG has ordered a bowl full of custard for dessert!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all,

It's getting close now....Can't wait to finish work early tomorrow and get home to soak it all up..
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

• Hope that's the atmosphere and not the alcohol Trip
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
          I think the driver is being treated in hospital. Tragic all round.
          ...and if he recovers his heart will be broken. Poor man

Comment

• I haven't done my food shopping yet, visitors tomorrow, decoration boxes everywhere and I need to get to the PO, do some work or people won't get paid for Xmas but I can't seem to leave the house

Comment

• Up real early and got our shopping for Christmas and Boxing Day. Paid with Sainsbugs points, so all good there. All nice and civilised, and we treated ourselves to breakfast afterwards.
              Find it barmy what it costs for a couple of days though.
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                Up real early and got our shopping for Christmas and Boxing Day. Paid with Sainsbugs points, so all good there. All nice and civilised, and we treated ourselves to breakfast afterwards.
                Find it barmy what it costs for a couple of days though.
                I find that 'eating up' for a couple of weeks into January reduces the grocery bills enormously, NS.

My tasks up the road at the shops at lunchtime were:
                to buy a card (fail - no nice ones),
                to buy crackers (yes - half price in Marks)
                to buy milk (fail - queue in Ald. was MASSIVE)
                to buy froz chips (fail - ditto)
                to buy lemonade for port n lemon (yes - a couple of smallish bottles from the newsagent on the corner)

I forgot to wear my santa hat - but maybe that was just as well as I'd been to the gym and the hat would have clashed with my overly pink face!

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Christmad Eve tomorrow. S'pose I'd better go do some shopping.

Grumble, grumble, moan, moan. Yep, last minute again. It's actually easier. Well, that's what I tell myself.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Evening, we're officially ready for Christmad cards, prezzies and shopping all done, and for the third year in a row we haven't put the tree up instead just decorated the mantle piece some with holly and candles. Think I'm getting lazy about it now there's no one in the family young enough to believe in Santa.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• well done Bren,i decided best go tonight for the fresh stuff,i am all but played out now,cooking all morning,tomoz,is chuck some marzipan and icing on a cake,do trifle and apple pie,and a wiz round with the thing you plug in to make it scream,my legs&back ache and the feet feel like they got broken bones LOL,am turning the putor off in bit and having an early night,says she hopefully,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Evening, we're officially ready for Christmad cards, prezzies and shopping all done, and for the third year in a row we haven't put the tree up instead just decorated the mantle piece some with holly and candles. Think I'm getting lazy about it now there's no one in the family young enough to believe in Santa.
                        I'm officially ready for Christmas too - I have been since the last one Haven't bought any pressies, sent any cards, bought any special food or fought the crowds in the shops........... Bring it on, and roll on the 26th .
                        I'm not really a Bah Humbug person and I know lots of you enjoy Christmas - I prefer to opt out and do my own thing without any stress...............sits back, puts feet up and watches puppies playing

Comment

• Hello, so what have I missed on here? Been packing since this morning, only just sat down. Be glad when everything is sorted.
                          Carrie

Comment

• Evening all..
                            Having a relaxing evening.. work tomorrow for a while and then home to watch Christmas movies with the kids with the highlight (for me) being The Polar Express
                            Get the kids off to bed at some stage, few glasses of red and then the enjoyable task of putting out the toys under the Christmas tree...

Love Christmas Eve....
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

• I love Christmas Eve so long as the wrapping is already done...at least now my kids are in their teens we don't have to creep around at 12 building things and I get to have a lie in on Christmas morning! Don't have too many wines Trip tomorrow, they will be up at 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                Yep, last minute again. It's actually easier. Well, that's what I tell myself.
                                No it isn't! I eventually went at 7.30 tonight and the shop looked like it had been ransacked! I couldn't get the basics...I was only buying stuff for Christmas Day and I couldn't get half of the stuff! I'll have to go again tomorrow the girl on the checkout said a lady had just gone through the checkout had spent £400 and there was only 4 of them for dinner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X