This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice Martin:
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Good morning. Wish I didn't have to get up this morning for work. Only in half a day today, so not to bad.

Think I need another cup of coffee, have a good day
      Carrie

Comment

• Morning all. Well have just crossed one job off my very long job list and that was stripping out the fish tank pump. Bit of a fiddly job but soon got it done. Getting the vac out next I think.
        Anyway hope everyone has a good Bank Holiday what ever you are all doing
        sigpic

Comment

• Mornin all!

Had a bit of a late night out last night ( well for me anyway) ...nice to have another day to the weekend isn't it?

I've decided to do a roast pork for supper tonight...with crackling! Mmmmmmm....

Might not sound very exciting, but you can't get crackling out here so this was a piece we'd bought in the UK and frozen ! Mmmmmmm
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all! Had a lie in this morning I'm hoping the OH will stop work soon, have the day off and help me put up my broccoli cage...he hates gardening.

Comment

• Morning all!

I'm hoping for a nice quiet day today. The only jobs I've set myself are to sort out my little pond in the back garden and to plant out the rest of the bedding plants I've grown. I've just got some antirrhinums and some gazanias left for putting into gaps. The weather man says it should stay dry for me.

Have a good bank holiday everyone, even those who have to go to work (Carrie).
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I am back from the allotment. Back has just cricked on me so thought 'I wont push it just tidy the tools up and go home and sit down'
                Have weeded a bit and managed to get the strawberry bed clear of weeds. They have got loads of flowers on this year
                Going to pull some rhubarb for my mom just before I go and get the kids. Back permitting that is.
                sigpic

Comment

• Morning all! I'm perfecting my no.1 skill as a procrastinator - I am supposed to be doing a practise run of the race course ready for next weekend, but putting my running kit on is as far as I have got as yet.

Hope to get to the Hill to plant out the runners and the rest of the french beans later on - that will just leave the tender crops (squash/sweetcorn/courgettes/cucumber) to be planted out maybe next weekend.

Comment

• Done a few more reports so I am off to play in the garden. My winter flowering honeysuckle has gone mad and is now shading the patio, so if I am to have any hope of ripe tomatoes this year it has to have a haircut. I am also putting off clearing out the pond pump.

Comment

• Well I got my lazy butt out the door and ran Sunday's race route (a faster time than last year too - although it was just me today and not 6,999 others all crammed up the High Street which does slow you down a bit) but it knackered me out so much that after a bath I dropped off on the bed for half an hour, and I don't fancy going to the Hill now.

Lamb joint is in the oven, and I have a quilt to finish for mum's 80th in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to disappear into the attic room with the sewing machine and the radio after tea.

Comment

• Afternoon I've been getting the GH borders for when I plant out my toms, but thats about it for today's gardening. Hazel we're having lamb for tea tonight its my favourite meat.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                          Well I got my lazy butt out the door and ran Sunday's race route (a faster time than last year too - although it was just me today and not 6,999 others all crammed up the High Street which does slow you down a bit)
                          I'm a bit maths-y so I've had lots of fun playing with the numbers "SO, if I run an average of *this* per km, I will get my target time; but these sections are downhill and I can run those quicker than the bit containing 'cardiac hill' which will be slow - BUT although the last couple of miles are downhill, my legs are tired so I can't run those as quick as I'd like to....." etc etc.

I'm relatively confident that I will beat last years time (although slogging round the course I felt nowhere near fit enough - perhaps I always think that?!), but will struggle to knock the 3 mins off last year's finish in order to hit my target time.

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Hazel we're having lamb for tea tonight its my favourite meat.
                          And mine. Smells deeeeelish!

Comment

• Good evening, I love lamb too. I'd eat it every day if I could. Bangers and mash for us tonight for tea. Trying out cooking my sausages in the Halogen oven, never done it before. So if you all smell burning you know I've burnt them
                            Carrie

Comment

• Ditto from me with the lamb, definitely could eat it two or three times a week
                              We had chicken curry tonight. Got the GG staying for the week. When I find the Happy thread I'll be posting in it.
                              Hubby has moved all the potato pots/bags, no clue who is where now lol
                              Have a good evening all - me? I'm having my ears bashed and smiling from ear to ear
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Ev'ning All!
                                I like lamb too - when they're running around the fields behind the house, skipping and playing
                                Fried eggs, beans and chips here

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X