Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon peeps! It has gone really blowy here - was that forecast? Hope the broadies are ok at the Hill.

For me it's Wednesday Night Pub Night, but before then I want to get up to the attic room and do some quilting.

Going to phone my sis in a bit too to arrange our girls' weekend away next month. We will be meeting up in Cardiff - so the Cardiff Story (free entry - I do like that!), bus tour and City Museum and Art Gallery are on our hit list. If anyone can come up with botanical gardens/stately residence or any other 'cultural items' within the city, we'd be glad to hear of them!

We went round the castle last time we were there, some years ago - the outstanding point of note there was that the guide on the guided tour said 'you must be sisters!' when we look nothing like each other!

Comment

• Evening all. Wednesday night is pub poker night! It's not Vegas but it's the next best thing... I'd better not get too drunk though, doctor's appointment in the morning and then I go to pick up my new car. A hangover would be sub-optimal.

Have a nice evening everyone!
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Can't think of a better place to visit, Hazel
        THE place to visit for stately and unstately homes and gardens is St Fagans National History Museum | National Museum Wales on the outskirts of Cardiff and its free! I'd go there in preference to the Cardiff Story. All the buildings have been moved from different parts of Wales, reconstructed, and have gardens in keeping with the age and style of the buildings. You could spend a week there and never see it all.
        Of course, there is another famous garden in Cardiff and I don't charge admission either.

Comment

• Thanks, VC - I've added that into the mix, and we'll see what comes out the other end. We had planned on the museum for Sunday morning, but if we go to St Fagans instead, we'll have to be mindful of the Sunday bus service.

I thought that a 'walking tour' of the city on Saturday sounded like a good move, big sis thinks that the bus version will be kinder on the shoe leather.

Lots of time to decide on the itinery.

Comment

• Oh - I'm out of lemonade. Masala and tonic anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              Oh - I'm out of lemonade. Masala and tonic anyone?
              Oh. I can see why that particular combo hasn't caught on. Oh well, live and learn.

Comment

• Only been in Cardiff once, briefly about a year ago for hockey. Went early (we were in Cheltenham visiting our daughter so it was a very short trip) and spent some time in the City. We were very impressed. Definitely planning a return visit with at least an overnight stay at some point in the future.
                sigpic

Comment

• Always happy to meet any Grapes who visit my luvly city - don't blame you for not telling me when you visit though

Comment

• I love Cardiff! Great city
                    Morning all, looks like I'm in for a lovely day gorgeous blue sky already.

Comment

• Morning all, damp, dull and dreich this morning! Some of the weather peeps saying June looks warmer and more settled...fingers crossed! Off to the hairdressers this morning so you can be sure it's going to rain! Meeting my aunt for lunch also so looking forward to that. Hope you all have a lovely day.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I'm in the Cardiff fan club too...we used to live there...wonderful place!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Woke up early this morning - for a holiday week. Off to my sister's this afternoon. Going to help her on her plot. Due to family issues she hasn't been there since last year so we are going to see what we can do to avoid the dreaded letter. She assures me it's mainly been covered. Fingers crossed. Now for some ironing.

Comment

• Mornin all!
                            Got woken by puddn cat jumping all over the bed this morning...doing a Simon's cat!
                            ( apart from the baseball bat!)

Don't you just love it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That tickled me Nicos

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                                Woke up early this morning - for a holiday week. Off to my sister's this afternoon. Going to help her on her plot. Due to family issues she hasn't been there since last year so we are going to see what we can do to avoid the dreaded letter. She assures me it's mainly been covered. Fingers crossed. Now for some ironing.
                                It's taking me so long to plant my beds up this year, the weeds have grown through the card fingers crossed for you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X