X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning its wet and windy here

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin all!
    Got woken by puddn cat jumping all over the bed this morning...doing a Simon's cat!
    ( apart from the baseball bat!)

Don't you just love it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
    I've not watched Simon's Cat for ages so thanks for the nudge and the laugh
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well, plans all changed! I was expecting to have a hob delivered tomorrow, they called to say they will deliver today at 3pm. Told them there would be no one here so they have changed delivery until tomorrow...again. 2 minutes later the hairdressers called. The stylist is in hospital so hair appointment cancelled. My aunt called, due to family reasons have to cancel lunch! I could have had the hob delivered after all! Now what to do for the rest of the day...shopping?!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all!

I might have had too many beers last night, so I overslept and had to rush to make my doctors appointment hot, sweaty and out of breath. Unfortunately the health centre doesn't share my obsession with punctually, the appointment was 30 minutes ago and I'm still sat here in the waiting room.

It's a lovely morning out there, though. Hope it's nice where you are too.
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Ha! ...well at least your blood pressure and heart beat will have returned to normal!

Warm here Martin, but cloudy and humid.

Dare I say that it's almost perfect blight weather
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon All! Does anyone know where I can buy 5 seed potatoes (any variety) im having a hard time finding a stockist online that does low quantity.

Would I be better having a trip to B+Q?

Comment

• If they have any left, I imagine they'd be reduced price- but you'd still get way more than 5 in a packet.

Anyone know if they are selling them still?
              The garden supplies shops here are still selling spuds.

Comment

• You may be able to get heritage seed potatoes in small quantities.

also- if you are planting in tubs, you could at a push use supermarket ones this year.

Comment

• Oh I didn't think it was a good idea to plant supermarket ones because of potential disease?

Comment

• nope, it's not. BUT, if you are using tubs and destroy any foliage...and you are really desperate.....

lots of peeps do, and have had no probs...but there's always someone who will get caught out

Personally I'd go down the line of seed potato too.

Comment

• I have ordered a 10 pack of Highland Burgundy Red, never seen a red potato before!

Comment

• The only seed spuds I have seen about were really manky but I have an idea heritage ones will be in far better nick.
                        Our weather has, to be honest been horrible. Blasting cold winds and rain quickly followed by blasting cold wind and sun and then back to the rain again.
                        I am seriously thinking about digging out my winter 'liberty bodice' (something for the more mature amongst us).

On the bad news front I see that rabies has been confirmed in France but quickly ring fenced. I really hope its a one off case.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Morning I'm back off my camping hols. Well actually it was just one night was meant to be two but the weather bods said today was going to be really bad so packed up last night while it was dry. Went to a place between Shrewsbury and Welshpool right on the River Severn. We were technically in England still but if I could of thrown a stone far enough across the river it would of landed in Wales.
                          Hope everyone is ok. need to catch up on various threads
                          Have a good day everyone
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mornin NVG n'all!

Was woken this morning yet again by puddn cat but this time bringing a live fledgling into the bedroom.
                            We then spent about 10 mins chasing it round the house as it flew from room to room.

Very glad it survived and flew away.

Comment

• Morning all. Am really hoping for some rain today, it's been dry for weeks, and there is nothing like 'proper rain', to bring your veggies on, but it keeps by-passing us!
                              DottyR

Comment

• Morning all. Up early - could not get back to sleep, so utterly pointless lying there. I had hoped/intended to go to the allotment this morning, but it is raining. So, Plan B is to go and get the groceries and go to the big Hospice charity shop on the lookout for a cot for the spare room. I could of course do some housework but that really is the last resort! After all the furniture moving of Tuesday and reconfiguring the two smaller bedrooms I do need to do some 'sorting out', but the prospect fills me with gloom and despondency. Have a good day all. Happy Friday!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X