Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sucks Martin, it's like shaking your hand while they slap your face..............Hope it all goes well pal.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      That sucks Martin, it's like shaking your hand while they slap your face..............Hope it all goes well pal.
      I think that I'd take 'precautionary chemo' as a reasonable deal in the circumstances, BM.

Comment

• As I am fairly new on forum not sure what health problems you had Martin. Really glad the scan was clear. The chemo sucks but it is best especially psychologically to go through the chemo because later on you will know you have given yourself every chance for a full recovery. Time does go quickly.
        When you have the chemo make sure you drink lots of green tea and lots of ginger is good. Also continue with the golf but if it is anything like my golf it can be really frustrating!

Comment

• Forget the Golf Martin...............go for a blast in the Mazda................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by cilla View Post
            The chemo sucks but it is best especially psychologically to go through the chemo because later on you will know you have given yourself every chance for a full recovery. Time does go quickly.
            Hadn't thought of that - good point, Cilla.

Comment

• In the absence of BB to lead me down the youtube labyrinth with nary a piece of twine to lead me home again; all I will do on this Friday night with a glass of apple wine is to entertain myself with an old grey whistle test studio session.

Comment

• Whoop whoop Martin! At least while you are getting chemo you won't have to worry about plucking your eyebrows (I really hope you titter now rather than be offended).

On the serious side when you are feeling grotty in the future months please remember that there are a huge number of people who you will never meet that will always send you healing vibes through the ether and are only a keyboard away when you want some faceless company.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Morning Martin - chemo doesn't always have to be ghastly. My sister has recently been through chemo and radiotherapy and found the radiotherapy more draining. I think it may be whether or not the chemo makes you nauseous. So good luck, and as Lumpy says there are plenty of us wishing you well, albeit from a distance.

Comment

• Morning all - it is an almost nice morning here. I have to go back to the Hospice shop this morning - bought a cot yesterday (it is a lovely one) and a very kind helper dismantled and loaded it into the back of the car for me. When I got home and unloaded it realised that I was missing the base board! Arrrgghhh!
                    Never mind, the weather was so horrid yesterday that I did domestic stuff, so that I can go plotting today. So after I have been back to try and track down the missing bit, I am off to plant out my leeks, do a ton of weeding and transplant some more caulis. Hey ho - have a good day whatever you are doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Hadn't thought of that - good point, Cilla.
                      Thanks for that, as a C survivor I took everything they could give me. You look at life differently and just go for it which is why I have found gardening great therapy (even though just started in February) and good exercise which is important.
                      Martin while you go through treatment and feeling tired you will have the garden and the forum to keep your mind off it all.

Comment

• Good news Martin! I'll toast you tonight when I'm celebrating my 17th Wedding Anniversary the chemo is a necessary evil best be safe.

Comment

• Wow, thanks for all the messages of support. I'm feeling better about things already!

Have a nice Saturday everybody, hope the weather's good where you are. Me, I'm looking forward to taking Mrs H out for a drive this afternoon.
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Well it's my 17th wedding anniversary today, I reminded the OH last night and he promised he hadn't forgotten! He is nowhere to be seen this morning - out on his bike again, not before he picked all my garden flowers - tight bugger! He will be in a spot of bother when he gets home!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                              Wow, thanks for all the messages of support. I'm feeling better about things already!

Have a nice Saturday everybody, hope the weather's good where you are. Me, I'm looking forward to taking Mrs H out for a drive this afternoon.
                              Thanks for the update Martin and all the best with your chemo hope the sun shone on your open top

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Well it's my 17th wedding anniversary today, I reminded the OH last night and he promised he hadn't forgotten! He is nowhere to be seen this morning - out on his bike again, not before he picked all my garden flowers - tight bugger! He will be in a spot of bother when he gets home!
                              Congrats to Scarlet and Mr S had to laugh about your flowers but at least you know you've got quality flowers in your vase
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lovely flowers, Scarlet, bet you wish you had some like that in the garden
                                I'm sure Mr Scarlet has something special to celebrate - like a new set of tyres for his bike

Have some cake anyway!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X