Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Bren, but he picked my flowering blackberries!
    Had a lovely day so far though, planting out, sowing beans and giving the GH a tidy. Need to get as much out now as possible - need the space to plant my toms in their final spots. Very late this year.

Comment

• Thank you VC, that's lovely

Comment

• Evening All.
        I've had a busy day - doing a Hazel I've rehomed all the old computer stuff including 4 printers, 2 scanners and 2 massive monitors. They've gone to be restored or used for circuit board practice by out-of-work youngsters as training.
        Then I offloaded about 80 picture frames (don't ask) on a local amateur photographer - though he didn't think his wife would be pleased when he cluttered up their house with them.
        Not sure what to rehome next - a big bag of knitting wool, the box of jigsaws, books, shoes, bricabrac.............the list of junk goes on and on
        Hope you've all had a good day too

Comment

• Can always send the knitting wool my way VC I am a beginner knitter

Good evening, I am glad work is over. Been feeling a bit down today. I am sure a nice bath and a bottle of wine will make me feel better.
          Carrie

Comment

• Good evening everyone. All the best with your Chemo Martin and congrats to Mr + Mrs Scarlet.

I have just got back from Wales. The weather was lovely and I wish I'd taken the dogs, they would have loved it. We went to St Fagans after VG waxing lyrical about it a few days ago. It was very busy and we only stayed a couple of hours as we had some business to attend to so we went and sat in a restaurant overlooking the bay that had wifi. We are going back to look at the castle on our next visit.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed St Fagans, Janie They allow dogs on leads, but not in any of the buildings so it limits you a bit. Definitely too much to see in a day - in fact, I still haven't been inside every building! Must go back

Comment

• Congratulations Scarlet...beautiful flowers!
                Last edited by Jay22; 30-05-2015, 07:58 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hi all!
                  Been out all day and about to crash out!

Congrats Scarlet
                  Brill news Martin- bit of a pain I know, but better safe...etc eh??

Rubbish weather forecast for tomorrow so we've cancelled our stall at the local Vide Grenier ( car boot sale)

'Did a Hazel' here too yesterday VC.... ( she's such a helpful lass isn't she??? )
                  managed to get 5 large boxes of 'rubbish' to sell ....and a trailer load of stuff to the tip ( empty boxes/broken stuff I can't recycle etc)...OH was off like a shot to the tip before I could change my mind!!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Glad you enjoyed St Fagans, JanieThey allow dogs on leads, but not in any of the buildings so it limits you a bit. Definitely too much to see in a day - in fact, I still haven't been inside every building! Must go back
                    Have you been in the Stute?, that's where I learnt to dance and where my Grand Father performed with his trumpet band on Saturday nights! He was the band conductor for the Oakdale village pit " The Oakdale Workmen's Institute was built in 1917 to serve as a focus for social, educational and cultural life within the newly established coal mining community." Brings back fond memories

Comment

• They usually have the Apple Days upstairs in the Stute. Next time I'm there I'll think of you dancing - will a pink elefump do?

Comment

• Mornin all! : D

Wet and windy.....I'm so glad we cancelled doing the sale today!
                        Having said that , I'm going to go anyway to see the other poor soles who are braving the weather.
                        There's a guy sometimes there who buys crystal stuff...and guess what I unearthed from the depths of my unpacked boxes?....yup some crystal glasses . Funny how tastes change isn't it?
                        Last edited by Nicos; 31-05-2015, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• I love the idea of a vide grenier rather than a car boot sale. If I emptied our attic there would be an awful lot of suitcases and old musical stuff. Mind you ......

Comment

• Ha! We have 4 violins of various sizes, an oboe, 2 flutes, a trumpet, a keyboard, 2 guitars and a saxophone ...plus a few manky recorders and penny whistles!

And yes, they all hot put back to sort out another day ( don't tell Hazel though )

Comment

• Morning its also wet and windy here I might even get tempted to sort out stuff
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone.

It's damp and dreary here this morning, although it looks like the heavy rain has passed over in the night.
                                I might get down the allotment later on to check for slugs and do a bit of weeding before the clay turns back into concrete. But I've got some melons and peppers that need potting on and my May seed box needs re-sorting...
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X