This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeh..that put a smile on my face this morning too Jay

I know what you mean about it feeling Autumnal...I almost feel like jam or chutney making today...get some lively music on and having a bit of a jiggle....but then again
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Think #1 Son will be having a goofy day I'm taking him to the dentist in a bit! It's awful here, the wind is blowing the rain down my chimney I've not looked at my little GH yet but OH zip tied my windows shut so hopefully it's in one piece. If anymore panes go this year I'm going to take it down.

Comment

• It's a nasty, grey and windy morning here, not at all goof as yet. I'll go and check the allotment in a bit, I want to make sure the debris netting is secure before the pigeons eat all the greens. Other than that, no gardening planned.

Have a good goof day everyone, ! hope nobody has any serious wind damage and that your back isn't too bad GL.
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning all - grey day here too! We're forecast gales again here this afternoon, but no rain.

New system of wheely bins which started today seems to have gone well and they have all been emptied - and additional/alternative black bags taken too, despite dire warnings from the council that anyone not complying would be struck by lightning.

A combination of windy weather and empty bins might make for a game of 'where's the wheely bin' for anyone who can't take their's in till later!

Comment

• Oh - Domino cat has had an eventful few hours, from getting stuck on the other side of the up and over door into the next-door's garden yesterday evening, to having a right good dust up this morning with the fluffy ginger cat who mooches round the courtyard, and had to be told off.

I'd have prefered a shouting match to the bit of fisticuffs but there wasn't too much fur flying. He's always been one for holding the coats on sidelines in the event of trouble in the 'hood, and I've told him that 16 is too old to start to get tough.

Comment

• Wind is getting bad here again. When I took the kids to school the traffic lights where we cross over were rocking due to the strength of the wind.
              So done my shopping, washing is in the tumbler and I am sat down with a cuppa for a bit
              sigpic

Comment

• The weather in Torquay is character building to put it mildly. I fully expected to find my green house without panels and my polly tunnel up a tree but they seem fine.The wind has covered my garden in green leaves too. the good news is i wont have to do much watering today.
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                  The wind has covered my garden in green leaves too. the good news is I wont have to do much watering today.
                  Or mulching Bill.................................Have a goof day everyone despite the lousy conditions.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Next doors fence is lying prone and exhausted in my garden again! Maybe it's the upside of not being able to grow anything this year.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Not gardening related but I wonder if anyone knows where I could buy a black radiator 1000/1200mm high and roughly 30/400mm wide...I'm looking for something a bit different. Have been trawling the internet for a while but the ones I like all start at 1500mm which is much too high.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I thought I'd seen the perfect one - but even though the pic is in black the radiator is white! I've been looking for rads for my bathroom.
                        http://www.radiatorsdirect.co.uk/col...rilpe-vertical
                        Last edited by Scarlet; 02-06-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,just showing my nose,when am not busy with the gardening stuff,am trying to chill out and find me,just wish there was a way to motivate the one person we need,no luck thus far,is like treading on egg shells for now,again,hope your all well,yesterday PM was so cold i had the heating back on,was shivering like a jelly,today although still windy is warmer with it,wish i could wake up in a morning feeling like i had accompished sleep,and not drop off during the day,i absolutely refuse to blame my age
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                            Not gardening related but I wonder if anyone knows where I could buy a black radiator 1000/1200mm high and roughly 30/400mm wide...I'm looking for something a bit different. Have been trawling the internet for a while but the ones I like all start at 1500mm which is much too high.
                            Have you seen this site?
                            How many Kw are you looking for- this might be OK????

635mm x 420mm - High-Gloss Black Landscape Double Panel Designer Radiator - Slimline Panels
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That's the kind of thing I'm looking for...or even a funky design, it's just a bit short Nicos.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Have a look at geyser.co.uk Jay - you may be lucky.

Morning all! It looks gorgeous out there so I'm not hanging around for long I've got to get my toms in their final positions in GH1.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X