Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Lumpy and anyone else who is lurking - arctic temperatures here again. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all

Another day at seasonal temperature here
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning, we've still got a fair bit of snow its almost cleared from the main road but still plenty on the side streets and pavements.
        I'm off out on a parsnip hunt later on with my spade I'know there's some under the snow somewhere
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All - and I'm still in Sunshiny Puppyland - honest Its 5.0C in the shade and went down to 2.2 overnight.
          Puppies have been out playing but are asleep again now. I think I'm a puppy because all I do is eat, play and sleep - and a bit of weeing
          No names yet, Lumpy - not even sure which one/two/three/four I'll be keeping as they're all so cute and different. There's only one home lined up for a girl - and that will probably be the big girl - but who knows? They're 4 weeks old today so still a while to go before they can leave the nest.

Hope everyone's day gets warmer and you have a good evening, whatever you may or may not be doing.

Comment

• Morning all. Below freezing again here this morning. Just took my bin round for collection and everything is iced up.

Comment

• -8C here last night

Glad we didn't have this much frost yesterday when we had several hours of driving to and from the airport.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all! Frost for us too last night, but warming up during the day - hurrah!

I'm at the desk again today, pretending to be working. So far I have - uh - looked through the to-do list and deleted a load of spam emails.

Comment

• Afternoon everyone, got Harry home last night. All shaved here and there where they had to put drips in looks a lot better than when he went in though. Why do they always end up filthy when they have spent a night in the vet, and how are you supposed to clean an ill dog? Eaten a little chicken but he has to take two liver supplement tablets at the same time each day the only thing is they are like horse tablets! Tried wrapping in chicken but they end up too large...split them and spread contents on meat but they stink so much even I can smell it so no chance he is going to miss it. Back to the drawing board.

Hope you all have a lovely time in puppyland or wherever you spend tonight...hope it's not too snowy or icy. Temperatures have risen way up here and it's now raining and a wee bit windy, not a nice day if you are celebrating New Years!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hello All
                    Good to hear Harry is home, albeit slightly spotty and grubby. We use spam to give the labrador his horse pills (for end stage arthriris) cut spam in half - tablet in the middle - wrap one edge over and then the other. Messy greyhound gets some as well so Archie happily eats what she eats, or so he thinks!
                    Anyhow, still piggin cold and covered in ice - die little sluggies die!
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Jay it must feel good to have Harry back home, give him an extra cuddle from me

I found my parsnips they're buried under 5in of snow so that had kept the ground soft was much easier to get them out than I thought it would be.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Jay try covering the tablet in something sweet - like a bit of honey or jam. My old collie alway spat out the tablets but mixed in honey it would be gone in seconds.
                        I'm feeling in need of a duvet day, wish I could just veg out on the sofa and do nothing! I've a party to go to tonight and I'm just not in the mood though I've promised desserts so I'm up to my eyeballs in flour

Comment

• Thank you Lumpy...OH has just bought some sliced ham so will have a bash at that. He is only a little bichon so not sure how this is going to work, but we will get it working somehow!

Will try that too Scarlet, thanks!
                          Last edited by Jay22; 31-12-2014, 12:29 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Sleepy afternoon after a big adventure in Black Park this morning / lunchtime. Petal had her first walkie without her lead on and Rosie got to chase around off lead with her (more obedient) springer chum. Both my dogs need baths now but it is a bit chilly this evening so I will have to spread covers on the furniture and give them a bath in the morning!

I have spent a few happy hours chucking out old papers from the loft - I now have about 9 big bags of paper for recycling - the loft is looking heaps better and is almost a usable space now
                            Last edited by Jeanied; 31-12-2014, 03:48 PM.
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Hi All I used to use butter Lumpy, but I've always had German Shepherds that scoffed the butter so quickly they also ate the tablet! Good luck, I'm sure you'll find a way. PJs already donned, wine chilling and almost ready for Indiana Jones. Have a lovely evening all and see you next year
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all!

The last 4 and a bit hours of the year - kind of poignant, I always think, seeing the last of the year slip away. Always exciting to see a shiny new one on the horizon ready for living in, though.

Don't know what you're doing in your pj's already, Flo - 'tis a night to mark! I will be going out later, but have a glass of malbec on the go now. You can join me if you have a small glass to offer - it's too good to guzzle. Guzzlers - you know who you are!
                                Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 31-12-2014, 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling - and I've only had a sip - honest!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X