This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Frosty here this morning....crazy weather. Off over the plot today to build a few more beds then home for a nice roast. Have fun in your endeavours

Comment

• Morning the garden look pretty and sparkly this morning and the birds were hanging around waiting for the table and water to be sorted. Not sure what we're doing today maybe a walk then pheasant casserole for tea.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 04-01-2015, 08:36 AM. Reason: typo
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin all!
        We have drizzle .

Bren...we went out to a friend's house last night and had pheasant!....first time in about 5 years....and boy was it succulent and yummy! Bet you enjoy yours! Mmmmm...

Peeps coming over for lunch....gawd... I'm still eating!...darn't get on the scales!...good job Pilates starts tomorrow
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Happy Sunday from Puppyland where life is full of little surprises
          Overcast but dry after some overnight rain. No sunshiny bits yet.
          I feel a day of doing summat, but haven't a clue what Nothing new there!

Hope you all have a more positive and productive day than me

Comment

• Good morning

Foggy here this morning. Going to clean the flat this morning and then try and make a Sunday tea later this afternoon in the cooker. Not used it proper so fingers crossed I do not burn anything.

Have a good day.
            Carrie

Comment

• Thought you all might like to know that we have guests coming ocpver for lunch....pork with crackling ( never any crackling on French pork so this us a real treat!)

...but....

We're starting the meal with snail vol au vents!

...and yes, they are yummy, being served in a selection of sauces..cheese,garlic butter or parsley butter .

Ha!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all! Not sure that I fancy snail vol au vents - but then again I eat mussels so I guess that it is not so different.

V cold and frosty overnight here. I did something new last night - I hung the washing out before bedtime so it's been out all night. I didn't get it on the line yesterday (out most of the day) so it had sat either in the machine or - later - folded on the tray by the pegs. I thought it might go musty as it was, and that the frost would somehow do it good - so out it went.

It is, of course, stiff as a board this morning, so I'm leaving it out till it defrosts later and I can put it on the airer.

Talking about defrosting - once the pavements have thawed out a bit, I'm going for a run in the park. Not looking forward to that, but will likely enjoy it once I have got my lardy backside out the door.

Comment

• Afternoon All. Frosty start here, but bright sunshine now with clear blue skies. Taking the decorations down today. My son is here so he can put Christmas back in the loft. I did something last night that I may regret for the next 60 days
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    I did something last night that I may regret for the next 60 days
                    You can't leave it there...do tell!

I'm still hovering up sparkles from the xmas tree (took it down last w/e!) had to stop for coffee...anyone? Also eating the last of the digestives before the after the xmas blowout diet starts lol

Still foggy here, so I don't even fancy my walk today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Talking about defrosting - once the pavements have thawed out a bit, I'm going for a run in the park. Not looking forward to that, but will likely enjoy it once I have got my lardy backside out the door.
                      Not sure if the pavements are going to defrost, but I have my kit on, and after this cup of coffee I will be on my way. Not a very long one today, I don't think.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      Taking the decorations down today. My son is here so he can put Christmas back in the loft.
                      Can't decide whether to take the tree down tonight or leave it till 12th night (tomorrow)

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      What?? WHAT?!

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                      Still foggy here, so I don't even fancy my walk today.
                      If I can do it, then you can, Thelma.

Comment

Flo come on you've got to tell us now, pretty please.

Comment

• I can give you a big clue and G4 will probably have guessed already - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

Comment

• Christmas is now back in the loft, cleaning complete and cottage pies made. I now feel like having a shower and getting into my PJs. Wonder if my lodger will be collected today?

Comment

I can give you a big clue and G4 will probably have guessed already - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em
                              Bren wonders off to search G4's posts to find clues

OK you're either getting a horse, dog or land rover other than that I give up
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 04-01-2015, 03:13 PM. Reason: I'm clueless

Comment

• ventured up to Plot today, (in the fog) to see what might have blown down etc. nearly froze to death, by the way!

but anyway, met lady from the 'other plots', who gave me an enormous parsnip, must weigh about 7 lbs! and even better news, I have new neighbours, 2 chaps, who were digging on plot next to mine, the lady has given it up, never saw her once last year. but these chaps have done well, as she had planted leeks and other stuff, which they were harvesting, she also had nice raised beds, but this is good news, oh and nothing had blown down.

Something weird though, couple of very 'eaten' looking plants labelled 'Cabbage' are clearly cauliflower! Now who did that!
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X