Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a unusual fit of organisation, I have remembered to put the boneless rolled lamb joint in the oven early enough for it to be ready to eat for tea (as opposed to being ready to eat at 10pm as I haven't thought ahead).

It smells delish - I have a yearning for yorkies to go with it, though, and I have not enough milk to knock up a batch.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to little Morries I go....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to little Morries I go....
      Mine closes at 4 on a Sunday, hazel

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Mine closes at 4 on a Sunday, hazel
        Mine doesn't...

And I found some yellow stickers, too....

Attached Files

Comment

• Be with you all in a bit. Just making some strawberry jam biscuit
          Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
            Be with you all in a bit. Just making some strawberry jam biscuit
            Good-o - make sure you have enough for us all - some of us (mentioning no names) are very greedy chic... er - grapes indeed!

Comment

• Good evening folks..Hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend so far..Gonna chill out here with a glass of red..Anyone fancy a glass

Comment

• Biscuits! Did I hear biscuits mentioned?

Yummy - yes please Carrie Just one, or two..................or six please

Comment

• Not for me thanks SP, I have white chilling and Southern Fried Chicken in the oven, both to serve with Foyle's Law. Lurve Michael Kitchen. See you all tomorrow, have a lovely evening
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Strawberry jam biscuits and a glass of red................it getting better by the minute

Comment

• Biskwits? Did I hear Biskwits!?

Are there any left, or did that greedy Chicken eat them all?
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• You all will have come quick before the OH gets his hands on them.
                        Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                          In a unusual fit of organisation, I have remembered to put the boneless rolled lamb joint in the oven early enough for it to be ready to eat for tea (as opposed to being ready to eat at 10pm as I haven't thought ahead).

It smells delish - I have a yearning for yorkies to go with it, though, and I have not enough milk to knock up a batch.
                          Dinner was fab, but if someone can tell me how to make yorkies that actually rise in the tin, i would be most grateful.

Attached Files

Comment

• First thing that comes to mind is did you use plain flour & not self-raising.........another important thing is that the fat/oil has to be smoking hot before adding the mixture..................sorry, don't mean to preach.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                              Biskwits? Did I hear Biskwits!?

Are there any left, or did that greedy Chicken eat them all?
                              Sorry G4, I was feeling a bit peckish

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                First thing that comes to mind is did you use plain flour & not self-raising.........another important thing is that the fat/oil has to be smoking hot before adding the mixture..................sorry, don't mean to preach.
                                All advice welcome, BM

I used 3oz plain flour, pinch salt and beat in an egg (med) and 5fl oz skimmed milk. I heated a dot of meat fat in each cell of the bun tin by putting the tin in a hot oven for 5 mins, then on the top (on the gas) as I poured in the mixture. Returned the tin to the hot oven (no. 7) for 20 mins.

Maybe the fat wasn't hot enough when I poured in the mixture?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X