X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what you mean Bren!

Tis flippin nippy out there.

I'm one of those gardeners who deadhead/yank up a weed as I walk past plants....I pulled up a clump of weeds from a pot as I wandered to the barn, and up came the top 1" of soil like a flat plate!

At least I could see that the daffs are nearly through!!!
    Last edited by Nicos; 19-01-2015, 12:08 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I know exactly which ones I will get this year - ho hum!

Attached Files
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Chuffin' chilly hereabouts.

You lot OK?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• What time zone are you in, G4 - it's cup of tea and choc time here; still light, and another hour or so work...

Comment

• Just dusking here but we are now starting to feel the effects of the days stretching again. . Btw Hazel, it's always cup of tea time here .

Hung a line of washing out earlier. Now frozen stiff as boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              Is ironing one of the activity's that can take part in abroad, I know what jam making is but ironing????
              I think "ironing" is French for "jam-making" in Nicos's dictionary

Comment

• nah, it's just simply summat wimmin do

Comment

• ^^^ Have you always lived life on the edge of a precipice, Ap?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                    nah, it's just simply summat wimmin do
                    I knew you were a risk taker
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Now it is time to say EEEEEEEEEEVENIN' peeps!

Hope you're all wrapped up warm - it's a chilly one again out there today. It is days like today that I'm glad that I invested a hundred squid for a 6 month gym membership - although the tread mill is nothing like roadrunning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        My son did some wiring in my house a few years ago Shen. Whenever I switched on the bathroom light, the light in the back bedroom came on as well. He was sleeping in there at the time, so he soon put it right!
                        Flo - just finished sorting out a similar problem for my daughter - my son in law says it has been that way since they moved in 11 years ago but had worsened when he put in a new light fitting in the living room - problem was a light in the cupboard - because it was a very old circuit and more than 50% of the labels had fallen off I had to examine every one individually to ascertain what circuit covered which room - I was suspicious about one from the start but had to prove this was the problem - everything now tickety boo
                        Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• My dad was a foreman electrician at British Steel Shen, we never had any problems with electrics. Himself was only ever interested in playing sport and now watching it, so I have to call on whoever thinks they can do it, or pay for it to be done At the moment I have a problem with plumbing. I'm sure our loo is affected when anyone in the street runs their tap
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            What time zone are you in, G4 - it's cup of tea and choc time here; still light, and another hour or so work...
                            In the past, I've said 'Aaaaaaarternoooooon' after 4 and been told by you lot that it was officially Eeeeeeeeeevenin' so
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                              In the past, I've said 'Aaaaaaarternoooooon' after 4 and been told by you lot that it was officially Eeeeeeeeeevenin' so
                              I rather like prevening, which I think was down to Jules or Flo.

Talking of Jules - anyone know how she is? I don't do FB and don't know if anyone is in touch with her on there?

Comment

• Flo,

I think the hardest thing about plumbing is working in a tight space. Otherwise I found it relatively easy although I always used compression fittings rather than soldering just because I have never tried the latter - too lazy. I installed a combination water tank in the loft with new piping to all the kitchen and bathroom fittings in my old house at the same time I fitted a shower.

I did get a plumber for the new bathroom fittings particularly for the WC as you have to get it 100% level or it can easily get broken. The sink was easy and I had it in and out on a number of occasions when I was tiling the bathroom.

Not sure I would be up to fixing the pipes from the loo - sounds like the drains need clearing - messy job - good luck.

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X