Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Nicos, mocks - I keep saying the same. Do the work now. Mikey, my son says the same. Maddening! your time will come, just wsit until yours get to 16. The cheeky bu@@er has just sent me a text saying I've "bossed" it. That really won't be the case when he does his French this afternoon.

Comment

• My daughter had a study buddy and they used to run through and explain things to each other during their revising sessions.
      She said it REALLY helped so long as they stayed focussed...I think it was 20 mins intensive study, 10 mins rest/natter for a couple of hours... several times a week.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• See you is wrong there Scarlet, cos I'm way too chilled to worry, I've got the OH for that. I'll be the one saying chill you can only know what you know, the old reverse psychology.
        I do like children's confidence though, 'Bossed it'!!, I'd have come out and said that was 'pips'.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• Nicos, the one boy talks to his mates via his computer - there's no study going on as far as I can see! I think girls are more conscientious.

Mikey, I'd love to be chilled about it ( most people would say I'm pretty laid back) BUT the school they are in won't let them carry on with their alevels if they don't hit target.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Nicos, the one boy talks to his mates via his computer - there's no study going on as far as I can see! I think girls are more conscientious.

Mikey, I'd love to be chilled about it ( most people would say I'm pretty laid back) BUT the school they are in won't let them carry on with their alevels if they don't hit target.
            Schools are quite strange these days, if they are close to the grade they'll probably be allowed back its all about the funding for the schools. A thriving 'A level' department is good for the school and brings in necessary revenue. Same goes for colleges these days, its not about will they let me on the course but, how is this course going to get me a job to pay off my debt. Complete roll reversal.

I'm sure when all is said and done they'll knuckle down. If not remind them that a job is the only alternative.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• I'm just perusing the intawb trying to find something to distract myself with otherwise I've got to sort out what goes where on Lu Lu lottie!
              Watching paint dry is becoming a serious hobby choice.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Good afternoon, just a quick hello. OH is taking me out for a meal so I best get ready
                Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Hindsight is a fine thing - wot?
                  On reflection I wish I had been born with it
                  Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Both grandson and myself have team chess matches away from home at the same venue tonight - very convenient as it means his mother won't have to take him there and pick him up after the game - first time we have ever been playing on the same night for an away game
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                      I'm just perusing the intawb trying to find something to distract myself with otherwise I've got to sort out what goes where on Lu Lu lottie!
                      Watching paint dry is becoming a serious hobby choice.
                      Once you bung the first things in (potatoes in March, maybe - or parsnip seed a little earlier, depending on the weather), the rest will follow - planning is very over-rated!

Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
                      Both grandson and myself have team chess matches away from home at the same venue tonight - very convenient as it means his mother won't have to take him there and pick him up after the game - first time we have ever been playing on the same night for an away game
                      So his mum can take you both and pick you both up after? Ah - you didn't mean that, did you.

Good luck to you both in your matches.

Comment

• How is everyone this evening?

I'm shuffling a few files still, then I'll be BAKING!

I have a piece of breaded fish from the freezer which I now notice needs to be 'defrosted for 4hrs' before cooking from chilled. It's going to be cooked from 'extremely chilled' as I am not waiting till 10pm for tea.

Comment

• Evening all!
                          Just had a trip out to Ikea and got most of what I needed. yey!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I went to Ikea once and couldn't find what I wanted - I was tearful with frustration that I couldn't seem to make the staff (when I found them) understand that I wanted that one in the brochure, and where could I find it to buy it?

Not entirely sure why this was such a difficult thing - or why I took on so, but there you go. I am older and wiser now; and I don't go to Ikea....

Comment

• Evening everyone, did a shift in the Charity shop this afternoon and I too have been baking today - that's twice this week lol
                              Nice fruit cake which will get devoured at work, it's nice to have someone that appreciates it
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                                Nice fruit cake which will get devoured at work, it's nice to have someone that appreciates it
                                You'll have no shortage of takers on here, NS!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X