This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
    - also think I'll collect another couple of bags of seaweed. :-)
    Do you actually mean collect seaweed, as in get it off the beach? Or ready bagged stuff?

Just wonder, as I live by river, and there's loads of seaweed down there, I'd feel silly 'bagging it up', so I'd have to send husband!!
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 25-01-2015, 10:28 AM.
    DottyR

Comment

• Morning all!

Lovely sunshine here, so I'm off to the Hill in a bit. Today's jobs include (finally!) taking down the remnants of last years climbing beans, then I can move the big 'T' end pieces which form the frame ends down, and install them in the next bed along for this year.

I'll need the cordless from out garage - I bet it needs charging.

Comment

• Morning all, pretty damp here so I'm going to try to catch up on a horrendous epilepsy of ironing! Hope you all have a great day.

Carrie, why wait, all's fair in love and war isn't it!
        sigpic

Comment

• Working today! 😤
          Last day of sale so all the red POS needs to come off!
          Nothing planned after work. Just rang the OH he's sanding in the hall won't be long until we can paint!
          Hope everyone is well.
          @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            Carrie, why wait, all's fair in love and war isn't it!
            I went in and woke him up instead haha
            Carrie

Comment

... going to try to catch up on a horrendous epilepsy of ironing ...
              Hahahahahahaha! Don't you just love predictive text!?

Right, Horsey chores done, and a good 'catch-up-and-giggle' session was had over coffee, too. Chooks checked, eggs collected, and dogs entertained; Oscar loves to play with the big paper sack that the chook-feed comes in, so I roll it up tight, fold the resulting sausage shape in half, and lob it down the garden for him. He grabs it, shakes the bejayzus out of it, and gallops round the garden like a nutter, with it in his mouth. I guess I'll go out and clean up the resulting mess later.

Coffee?

Peanut-butter sarnie?
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Morning all, pretty damp here so I'm going to try to catch up on a horrendous epilepsy of ironing! Hope you all have a great day!
                Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                Hahahahahahaha! Don't you just love predictive text!?
                I thought that she meant that!

Comment

• Jeez did I really say that! Where did epilepsy come from when all I wanted to say was pile?!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. For anyone close enough, Costco in Aberdeen have a 10x6 greenhouse with hort glass for £350 incl VAT. Not bad I thought. Don't know how long they will have them.
                    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                    If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• Prevening peeps!

Nice to see that it is staying lighter for longer - I was at the hill until about 1/4 to 5 before I thought about coming home - hurrah!

I got what I wanted to do all done, and had a chat with Chris down the bottom; but then again, I forgot to put my lump-hammer away, or to pick any kale. Hey ho.

I did some bed prep which involved much use of the fork, and also emptied and moved one of the daleks, so I'm orf for a bath before I seize up!

Comment

• Originally posted by KittyColdNose View Post
                        Evening all. For anyone close enough, Costco in Aberdeen have a 10x6 greenhouse with hort glass for £350 incl VAT. Not bad I thought. Don't know how long they will have them.
                        good spot KCN but I'd have a nosebleed if I even thought about spending that colour of money. I'm very much a freegle/gumtree freebie kinda guy

Comment

• Evening all

Been a day of 3 halves ???? Went to the plot this morning but forgot my keys and too old to scale fences. Returned home and got roped into some DIY, then back to the plot with keys till 5. Slow progress today as I kept changing my mind about the layout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                            Been a day of 3 halves ????
                            I'm glad you never did my books, GL!

Comment

• Right - I want to clean out another couple of my kitchen cupboards this evening.

I made the mistake of cleaning the cupboard where I keep my baking tins the other day when mum was round. She made me throw out and buy a new swiss roll tin and a big roasting dish on the spurious grounds of them being - and I quote - 'revolting, and a health hazard'.

Comment

• What is the matter with me, I 'm aching all over and knees killing me from today's activity, on plot, but can't wait to get back up there tomorrow, mad!
                                Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 25-01-2015, 10:02 PM.
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X