This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning

Dark and windy out there. Going for a morning walk this morning (if it don't rain) with my friend. Then later this morning I have another doctors appointment for more blood!

Coffee anyone?
    Carrie

Comment

• Morning Cari, Morning All. No thanks to coffee, I've already had lots of tea. It's really mild here this morning, hope it stays that way. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning there's no frost or snow so the day can't get any better

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post

I made the mistake of cleaning the cupboard where I keep my baking tins the other day when mum was round. She made me throw out and buy a new swiss roll tin and a big roasting dish on the spurious grounds of them being - and I quote - 'revolting, and a health hazard'.
        Your mum best not look at my tins the older the better I always think.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Morning All. No thanks to coffee, I've already had lots of tea. It's really mild here this morning, hope it stays that way.
        Flo its been a low of 7.8c here in my GH so nearly tropical for the time of year.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, no coffee for me either thanks. Feeling rotten today, leftovers from two days with two cats. Going to have to take Piriton and inhaler again. Should be ok.
          Was supposed to make a cake last night, no chance, I was in bed by 9 and I was nodding way before that
          Have a great day everyone
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            Right - I want to clean out another couple of my kitchen cupboards this evening.

I made the mistake of cleaning the cupboard where I keep my baking tins the other day when mum was round. She made me throw out and buy a new swiss roll tin and a big roasting dish on the spurious grounds of them being - and I quote - 'revolting, and a health hazard'.
            Morning all...............You - Revolting baking tins Haze?...............................Nah............
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Warmer here too, but very wet . Off to my cake class this morning, so I'm in a rush...can someone pour me a coffee!

Comment

• Morning,sun coming out here to,plan on a lottie visit for some fresh air a shed drink,whilst i chew over what to do next,dependent on the soil .
                As for baking tins,don't tell your mom where i live Hazel,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all!
                  Fire lit, washing in the machine.....

everyone OK???

(*ahmmm...old baking tins here too- used to belong to my grandma when she first got married...back in 1919! )
                  Last edited by Nicos; 26-01-2015, 08:13 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    (*ahmmm...old baking tins here too- used to belong to my grandma when she first got married...back in 1919! )
                    Wow!..............they don't make them like they used to.............
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Warmer here too, but very wet . Off to my cake class this morning, so I'm in a rush...can someone pour me a coffee!
                      Consider it done - hope it's not too cold :-)

Morning all - mixed here but hoping for an hour or two at the allotment to continue tidying up
                      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Morning all!

It's over 2 years since I promised Mrs H that I'd put doors on the space under the stairs and make it into a cupboard. Today's the day I make a start...
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          Wow!..............they don't make them like they used to.............
                          Pity some of my cakes come out like they were baked in 1919!!!!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all!

Hope you don't feel to stiff this morning, Dotty - you are allowed to do bit at a time at the plot and not kill yourself, you know!

I did have a silicon muffin tin which I'm not sure why I bought in the first place, and that WAS revolting - you can't get them clean at all, Yuk. That went in the bin before mum came round - and I could see the point about chucking out the roasting dish as the non-stick was starting to come off - and I didn't fancy eating that!

Yesterday's chuck-outs to go to the charity shop are a number of bulbs which I no longer have the lights for; about 3 unused hand sanitiser gels; a couple of ice packs; and half a dozen new dusters. I'm moving onto the wall cupboards next...

Hope you feel better soon, NS.

Right, I have files to shuffle, so see ya later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              Morning all...............You - Revolting baking tins Haze?...............................Nah............
                              I refer you to my comment on the silicon muffin tin - those silicon moulds look so good in the shops - all bright colours and fun. A couple of rounds in the oven with some burnt bits on and they are never the same again!

I note that my burnt cake tins don'e put peeps off the cakes and biscuits that I cook, mind...

Comment

• I've just had a thought - perhaps the issue with my cake tins is not their age, but me not giving them a proper clean.

Hmmmm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X