This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi de hi campers!

I'm doing Saturday cleaning stuff here - mostly as an excuse to not go out for a run. It's been freezing drizzle most of the day - actualy, I'm not quite sure why I put the washing on - it'll not get put out today.

Just about to nip up the road to the shops for a paper & foil dishes (for making turkey pies. ) - forgot to tell you that I went to little Morries for the paper last night and they had 5 green produce trays stacked FULL of yellow-stickered sprouts.

I said to the cashier that even I'm not that frugal to buy about 3 hundred packs of sprouts despite the tiny price. She said (with great encouragement) how well they blanch and freeze. I passed on the opportunity.

Right - coffee to counteract the taste of too much choccie in the gob, then shopping.....

Comment

• Ho-de-Ho-Hazel I've just complained to Tezzies about the size and shape of their ready prepared veggies. I decided to be idle this year and not spend hours peeling and chopping (gives me backache) so I cut all the corners and sent for ready done. What a disappointment - carrots like wedges, sprouts the size of large plums and the roasted potatoes with goose fat were the size of a cricket ball cut in half and tasteless. Serves me right I suppose! Oops should have gone to the rant thread!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Not heard from TS much lately RL - is she ok?
        Ts is fine thanks Flo -just busy. Came over Xmas Day for lunch with her fella and the dogs

Comment

• Good call to complain, Flo - I'm sure that customer feedback is important to them, and you might get a few vouchers for your trouble too. Suspect that you'd have got better prepped veg from W'rose - but not at the same price, I'm guessing.

I've just got an unexpected bargain. I only use the 'ghetto blaster' in the kitchen to play CDs and for ages it won't play more than the first half of any disc you put it. I went to have a look in Arg's in the town today to see what they had, with a budget of £20 - £25 in mind. So the 40quid one was too expensive, but it was reduced to £25, so I'm happy with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Wash your mouth out BB, I don't even go in the same sentence as "snow".

Hah, I've already seen the entry
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              I went to have a look in Arg's in the town today to see what they had, with a budget of £20 - £25 in mind. So the 40quid one was too expensive, but it was reduced to £25, so I'm happy with that.
              I feel a Saturday night party coming on - I have 'the world's biggest party classics' on the new cd player, and we're on 'Hands Up' by Ottawan - happy days!!

Not even on the wine yet, and there is some dancing going on round here.

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps!

Well, a good day today, all in all. Hubby finished sorting the front swivels on my Landy, then he did all the steering linkages, and guess what? It now drives in a straight line!! (Previously everything was so worn, I had to keep moving the steering wheel to keep it straight. Not ideal on narrow country lanes full of pot-holes - not easy either!)

Then, when I told him I was too busy to road-test it, as I was about to muck-out the Chooks' Coop, he went back out and fixed the heater! Luv 'Im! Normally it only blows cold, so is often colder inside than out. Today, on my trip to the stables/dog walk/feed shop and back, the inside went up to 19c when outside was 4.3c - result!

I iz 'appy!!

Oh, and I remembered to stop at the local shop, on the way out, and get milk. So of course, they were still open on my way back today, too.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  Normally it only blows cold, so is often colder inside than out.
                  That is how the great god Llandrover designed it to be, bung a couple of sheep in the boot & the extra body heat soon brings the inside temperature close to acceptable

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                    That is how the great god Llandrover designed it to be
                    Was he Welsh, BB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Good call to complain, Flo - I'm sure that customer feedback is important to them, and you might get a few vouchers for your trouble too. Suspect that you'd have got better prepped veg from W'rose - but not at the same price, I'm guessing.
                      I was feeling a little ashamed that it was costing me £3.00 for carrots but consoled myself with the thought that it was a first for me and would be easier. I wish I'd looked at W'rose, I bet they were posher When I first complained on T Chat, the response was that unless I had the packaging there was nothing they could do, so I've taken it further, obviously
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 27-12-2014, 04:30 PM. Reason: fixing quote

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Was he Welsh, BB?
                        Quick aint she?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                          That is how the great god Llandrover designed it to be, bung a couple of sheep in the boot & the extra body heat soon brings the inside temperature close to acceptable
                          Nutter!

It usually has a couple of Golden Retrievers in the back, but all they do is steam-up the ruddy windows!

Incidentally, my Folks' dog, Oscar's "Bestie" until Roxy arrived, aka the "Ginger Collie" and now also "The Puker" is also a Golden Retriever. For those that asked.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Ah, so Border Collie on speed was an analogy. Wish I'd got a landie, it's not looking good for Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                              Nutter!

Why thank-you kind lady

Comment

• Just had to laugh at Himself - he's watching what he says is a really good football match, Falkirk v Raith Rovers, but he couldn't understand the commentary. We've just sussed out that it's on BBC Alba which is Gaelic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X