Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! It's been chuffin' cold here all day, but it thawed, so the dogs got filthy anyway. Hubby was persuaded to come out for a walk with me us, for a change, this afternoon. The sun came out and we had a lovely walk. Unfortunately, it's too cold to hose them off this evening, so they're currently confined to the hall. Much to their disgust.

The fire has been lit, and I've just been handed a G & T. Cheers!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Oo Eck it's a cold morning to you all.
      Thermal long johns today methinks
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Morning all

No idea about our weather at the mo cos it's pitch black out there,but it's flippin cold!

Take care on the roads everyone, espesh those having to drive to work.

I had to de-ice the car yesterday for the first time in ages....it's a horrible job isn't it?
        Somehow I always get covered in ice and then the darned windscreen mists up/ freezes in the inside!...I've never got the hang of doing it efficiently.

Any tips?
        Last edited by Nicos; 29-12-2014, 05:58 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ha!... -6C at the moment...

Thought there was a wee nip in the air!

Comment

• cold enough to freeze the dangly bits off a brass monkey!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Morning Nicos and Lumpy. I agree Lumpy, I'm sure I saw a couple or three brass monkeys this morning looking for welders Back at work today, though I'm not sure how many will make it in - I haven't seen a gritter, even on the main road. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All
                Another bright crisp morning, off over the plot soon for a bit of a tidy and a few pallet collars to position. Enjoy your day and mind the icy surfaces

Comment

• morning all,no snow,but everywhere is white frosted,looks artic out there,a bright thing in the sky is just glowing behind the roof tops,hope the wildlife made it safe to shelter.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning -6 and heres me thinking -1 is cold

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    I had to de-ice the car yesterday for the first time in ages....it's a horrible job isn't it?
                    Somehow I always get covered in ice and then the darned windscreen mists up/ freezes in the inside!...I've never got the hang of doing it efficiently.

Any tips?
                    Can't think of any apart from sitting with the heater on until it clears, at work on Saturday they sold a fair few wiper blades to people who had set them going without clearing the screen of snow first.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yeh...done that before now Bren

Comment

• Morning all

Beeb Beeb Ceeb said it was -8.5 in County Down last night
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning All. Its another sunshiny day here although the bird bath was frozen and the GH iced over. Went down to -0.2.- that's an temperature for me.
                          Snowdrops popping up in the lawn - always makes me smile when I see the first ones. Spring is on its way
                          Have a safe and smiley day everyone

Comment

• Snowdrops eh?...lovely!

I was really surprised to see in the catalogues how many different varieties there are...some are absolutely stunning!
                            But I know what you mean about them putting a smile on your face

Here they are called perce neige. ...ie pierce snow.

Comment

• Good morning, just a quick hello. Going to be busy today unpacking. Will try and get on here later and catch up

Have a good day
                              Carrie

Comment

• Afternoon all, have been dealing with a sickly dog. Off to the vets this afternoon as he was just sick and had what looked like a fit. Anyone heard of that happening before...a friend has suggested it's perhaps a vasovagal attack...hope that's what's it is and not epilepsy like the younger one!

Lifting the conversation a bit, it was so frosty and foggy this morning, but no snow. -5/6 too but on New Years Eve it's to be 10 degrees with high winds and rain!

Have a great day all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X