Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh you are chipper this morning Flo! I'm in need of a lie in and can't wait for the weekend Lots of rain overnight, fields all around look like mini lakes. I hope it stays dry today.
    I'm off to put the kettle on, I need a cuppa this morning

Comment

• Heavy rain. All night, and it continues, ucky!
      DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
        Come and take a run round Sutton Park, Bill, at the weekend and I will give the virtual you a real life wave.

The other advantage that you have on your run is that even at this time of year you wont get your feet muddy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52369[/ATTACH]
        One of the boys school teachers is doing the Montane spine race, yesterday he was in 6th place with just 75(!!!!) miles to go. It's a non stop 268mile winter marathon taking in the entire Pennine Way from Edale near Sheffield to Kirk Yelthom in the Scots Borders. He was running for a kids hospice near Bath. The boys have been checking online his progress along the way. I think around 50 runners retired early, I can't imagine what he was going through while running. Not my idea of fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
          Heavy rain. All night, and it continues, ucky!
          Yes, fingers crossed we don't have any flooding.

Comment

• It's morning - It's raining - It's windy (singing along with Florence) Same old same old outside. I've got an afternoon to myself so I shall sneak in a few more episodes of Downton Abbey methinks. Of course Mr Lump will be under the impression that I've got tea ready, fed the dogs, sorted the washing etc - bless him for not being too observant!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Mornin all!
              Looks like we're finally having a taste of the wet and VERY windy weather you lot are getting

Our 400 year old oak timbers in the roof have been creaking away like an Elizabethan battle ship!

Hope peeps aren't getting too much damage to their properties?

It's times like this I'm glad I don't have a greenhouse or polytunnel to worry about!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I hope we don't have anymore Nicos, this is a pic of the top of my garden and the adjoining field. Pretty soggy
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 15-01-2015, 08:11 AM. Reason: rotated photo

Comment

• ^^^^ ouch!...that'll take a while to drain away.

Speaking of flooding...what's the update about the building application?
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's just gone for proposals, letter are being sent. Closing dates next week. I think I'll add in some of the photos. Some of the councillors believe it won't go through because those field are def flood planes but there's a field opposite that has had approval (went to court, our local west wilts council against county council) and it was given the go ahead. Last week a council truck got stuck on it! Seems madness when some of the homes are still inhabitable around me after flooding in September

Comment

• G'Moooooooooooooooooooooornin' Peeps! Hope everyone survived the night's weather. I know that creaking sound, Nickers - my Folks' house used to do that during renovations, when I was a kid.

We were three-in-a-bed again last night, as scaredy-dog decided he couldn't be dealing with all the frightening wind noise and wedged himself between us.

You have my sympathy Scarlet - our back garden gets like that, too.

Oh, and just to really chuff me off, I STILL have a head-cold. Most unusual for me to keep one for this long. Swimmy head, sore throat and gunky nose. I've had enough now ffs.

Coffee?
                      Last edited by Glutton4...; 15-01-2015, 07:57 AM.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Morning all, that was a storm n a half last night. Got up for a few hours and had a cuppa in the wee small hours as sleep was impossible
                        Bit drizzley now but a lot warmer

There's too much standing water to get to plot to see if the shed is still upright - have to hope for best. In the garden just one pane gone in the plastic greenhouse, and I rescued the wheelie bins from down the terrace, rubbish blown everywhere. Oh well!

Hope everyone else is ok, now for more tea...............

Comment

• Morning its still fairy windy here but not as bad a last night a lot of leaves have blown in next to the front wall from somewhere so they'll be going in my leaf bin soon.

Scarlett its madness thinking of building on a flood plane I can't get over it.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My thought for the day and oh so true!

Attached Files
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Good morning. Sun is out here, but was very windy and raining last night. Just waiting for my food shop being delivered this afternoon. But apart from that I am going to spend the day curled up on the couch. I feel a bit sick this morning, but that is down to what I have. (Not pregnant lol)

Anyone going to be kind enough and make me a coffee?
                              Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                                In the garden just one pane gone in the plastic greenhouse
                                Morning all ......... just

Thelma, if you can't replace the pane immediately take a pane out on one of the other sides, before it fills with wind & becomes a kite
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X