Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ neary told a funny there VC . ......I understand all that lent stuff by why pancakes?

Comment

• Using up all the rich food before giving it up until Easter

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        Can anyone tell me why we eat pancakes on Shrove Tuesday?
        Pancakes are eaten on this day because they contain fat, butter and eggs which were forbidden during Lent. Shrove Tuesday is celebrated the day before Ash Wednesday and is therefore the final day before the commencement of Lent
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! I just gurgled Shrove Tuesday 2015, and showed the resulting page to Hubby. Eyes rolled, he groaned, and an expletive was heard! I bet he finds an excuse to be late on Tuesday...
          Last edited by Glutton4...; 15-02-2015, 05:23 PM.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I love pancakes but they take ages to cook - by the time ive cooked another there's a kid holding out his empty plate again!!
            I've been a little under the weather today...totally self inflicted OH took Stan out early this morning then went out on his bike. I came down a little later to this, the black heap in the corner is Stan chewing one of the boys shoes
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
              Can anyone tell me why we eat pancakes on Shrove Tuesday?
              Because they taste so nice
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I think Rene from Ello Ello would say something like, " I eat pancakes on Shrove tuesday not just because the pancakes are there, but because I am there also

Comment

• Evening all...
                  Tad wet and windy here, but the good thing was getting home from my 60km cycle before the wet and wind took a strong hold
                  Now sitting here undoing the good with a glass of red
                  Kids off school on a mid term this week, so might try and get a day off work towards the end of the week.... Might use a few of those hours to do some sowing too!!
                  Last edited by Tripmeup; 15-02-2015, 07:11 PM.
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

• Evening all - today I made a bulk buy of 50 bags of compost for the allotment site and had them all sold within an hour of advertising them - I will need to buy another pallet as I let everybody else order before I placed my own.

Never seen myself as a salesman before - think I can see a new career ahead
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Scarlet...bet you couldn't be angry either...so cute!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Ha! Jay it was the OH's fault I usually give him a bone smeared with cream cheese/pate inside. Keeps him out of mischief! He is in the doghouse now though..boys just took him out in the dark and he's come in with fox cr@p all down his side. He STINKS and now needs a shower

Comment

• Loving it Scarlet! Although that's maybe because he doesn't live here!
                          sigpic

Comment

• I blame it all on VC! I really had decided that I wasn't going to have another one but he's got a gorgeous nature and we are all smitten

Comment

• Count your blessings Scarlet - I have 4 dogs to wreck the house. 3 really'cos Mary doesn't do much these days.
                              We've been playing fetch in the kitchen. Bess fetches and the pups chase her up and down, up and down............ The floor is littered with toys, scraps of paper and cardboard, mangled shoes and flowerpots. They're chewing my shoes at the moment - with my feet inside them. Their teeth are so sharp
                              Great fun though - can't be cross with them whatever they do

Comment

• It's piggin hot in here tonight - coal fire plus storage heaters (terrible, horrible things) = swelter.
                                Saw son, DIL and g son today so a brilliant afternoon watching the 18 month old smear raspberries into the carpet.
                                Should find out by Wed if we are going to move or not. Bigger bungalow but it will mean I loose the porch I use as a greenhouse so it will be off to the garden centre for ready to plant cabbages etc......ho hum!
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X