Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning. Sunny but really windy here. OH is driving me mad this morning. It's like living with a teenager trying get him up out of bed. He has an appointment at half 10 at the doctors but every time I tell him to get up he tells me to stop mivering him.

Anyway, off to the shop soon, but first need a coffee
    Carrie

Comment

• Silly question; how often do you vacuum (or brush/wipe/mop) your ceilings?

Yes, I've lost the plot - I 'un-cobwebbed' mine just over two weeks ago. This morning, I have just had to do them again. No sign of their makers, anywhere - drives me daft!

Maybe I should've put that in the rant thread...
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Artnoon All. Sunshiny 'ere, and 'tis luvly

G4, I wait until the cobwebs are long enough to snag on my hair.

Bit of personal info coming up here, that I don't normally share with the world, but, my hair is brown. Everyone thinks I've gone grey, but its just cobwebs.

Next silly question?

Comment

• I ask my OH to do them cos he can reach without having to clamber up onto a chair.
          In reality only in the autumn/ winter when those thin long legged ones throw up loads at a time.maybe once a fortnight...or when we have guests over.
          We don't usually get them in the summer...I suppose they're outside then?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Dotty if you don't have any peas you really do 'need' to go to that GC you just have to watch out for the other things that jump into your basket
            What do you mean like the Tumbla Toms, The MangeTout, The Sugarsnap, + 5 pots of 'Herbs', Oh and a nice smelly diffuser ?

And some new feeding bowls for Charlie?

Did get a free cup of coffee though, so that was ok!
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 24-02-2015, 01:01 PM.
            DottyR

Comment

• Oh dear. You've made me look up at the ceiling in the bedroom and I'm rather ashamed of what I can see
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• This may be a very silly question, but the last post I put up about my visit to GC, and things that jumped into my basket, says 'last edited by VC', just wondered if that was because I'd posted something I shouldn't have? Or predictive text had sprung into action?

When I looked at compare text, didn't really help, just wondering?
                DottyR

Comment

• I "fixed the quote", Dotty, but forgot to put the reason why I'd edited your post That's all - you can rest now

Comment

• Evening all. Realised as I was driving to Wolverhampton for a meeting late afternoon that I'd forgotten to send some documents to someone which I had promised to do today, so I'm having to put something together now.

Normally my colleague does these, so I'm a bit at sea, so I phoned her to check a couple of details (and not in any way at all to point out that I am WORKING and that it's partly her fault that we both forgot to deal with this today. )

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                    What do you mean like the Tumbla Toms, The MangeTout, The Sugarsnap, + 5 pots of 'Herbs', Oh and a nice smelly diffuser ?

And some new feeding bowls for Charlie?

Did get a free cup of coffee though, so that was ok!
                    Told you I wanted to swap with Dotty - I would have had a free coffee too!

Right - better get on.

Comment

• Morning all. Light again but drizzly. Have a good one
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo'nall

Busy day ahead...packing to go to the UK tomorrow morning.

I always forget to do/ take something!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Absolutely chucking it down! Forecast wrong again, now that has messed up my plans for today, ah well, must remember NOT to go shopping!

Have a good day everyone, hope it's dry for you.
                          DottyR

Comment

• G'Moooooooooooooooooooooornin' Peeps! Hope you're well? We have drizzle.

As for the cobwebs, when I bought my mop bucket, it had one of those flappy fabric mops with it, I prefer the flat sponge type, so didn't need the floppy one. Instead, I got one of those dusting mit things, that has all those soft fingers on one side, and an elasticated wrist. I bunged the flappy mop head inside, and secured the writsband with strong elastic bands (you could tape it), and I use that for de-cobwebbing ceilings, odd corners, above bookcases and round light fittings. Works a treat!! I then just vacuum it clean.

There ya go - tip for the day.
                            Last edited by Glutton4...; 25-02-2015, 07:50 AM.
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Hurrah at long last I have a lovely frosty but sunny morning while you lot have rain!! How often does that happen? (don't worry though, the rain is on it's way!)

Morning all, hope you all have a great day!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning!!
                                Bit grizzly here but life goes on in Puppyland. I'm taking the 2 Houseguests to the vet today for their boosters etc. A vet I've never been to, so could be interesting, especially as I'm not paying the bill
                                Thanks for your ever so useful tip, G4. When my hair is totally clogged with cobwebs, I resort to one of those fluffy, multicoloured tickling sticks. The handle is too short (or I am) to reach the ceiling, so I stick it in the handle of an old broomstick (yeah, I know, I don't need a car). With my elongated tickling stick I can tickle the cobwebs that normal people can only stare at
                                Must be orf..........ttfn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X