Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all! It's FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY! The weather not made it's mind up here yet - although it's looking a bit grey at the mo.

Better than yesterday when I got soaked on my run to the garage to collect the car . Is there a rule somewhere that your car will be ready to collect from the garage precisely half and hour after the time that you have agreed that it will be ready?? I'm surprised that I didn't get a chill standing around in wet clothes.

Comment

• Clouded over
      but not raining
      so off to do a bit bf my uncles 80th bday tonight where a cold lager and probably an iceland pasty will be consumed
      Last edited by jackarmy; 15-05-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Morning all, lovely sunshiney morning it is too.

It's time to move all the stuff back out of the greenhouse that I moved in yesterday to protect from the cold, wind and wet. I might even plant some stuff out this afternoon! We've still got some cold nights forecast but the nights are getting shorter now and there's no ground frosts forecast down here.

Have a good day everyone!
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Had to smile, had to take Charlie to vet this morning for flea/worm med etc. he was adored and fussed by all, then I had to 'hold' him, so she could force this worm pill down his throat, he just sat there looked at her and ate it out of her hand! He was then given a well deserved treat!
          DottyR

Comment

• Oh, I'm feeling miserable. My mums birthday this week and I'm going to visit her tomorrow. I was hoping to make a special cake, all the flower decorations have been done. Planned to bake the cake this morning, ganach and ice this evening ready to take first thing in the morning. I had to be out by 12 today and the cake was taking ages, asked the OH to take it out when it was ready I've come home to a very sunk cake, it's pretty raw in the middle. He took it out too soon. It's much too late to try again.

Comment

• Oh no, Scarlet!

Can you make the flowers you've done into a posy? Or knock up a quick batch of fairy cakes and put a flower on each, or something? Your mum will understand whatever.

Just goes to show what an understated art that baking is.

Comment

• How about cutting the raw middle out and making a ring cake. Ice it over, decorate with flowers. Your Mum will be happy to see you, whatever your cake looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Oh, I'm feeling miserable. My mums birthday this week and I'm going to visit her tomorrow. I was hoping to make a special cake, all the flower decorations have been done. Planned to bake the cake this morning, ganach and ice this evening ready to take first thing in the morning. I had to be out by 12 today and the cake was taking ages, asked the OH to take it out when it was ready I've come home to a very sunk cake, it's pretty raw in the middle. He took it out too soon. It's much too late to try again.
                  What a shame,never mind,have you got time to,either go buy a ready done plain cake from the supermarket,the larger oblong ones,use your own decorations,or,make do with the sad one,turn it into a feature like a large donut look,or fill the center with cream then decorate,i know it will not be what you planed,but make the best of what you can,and remember,its the thought that counts,am sure your mom will still love it,tell her,it really is a special one,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sorry to read about your under baked cake, i do like Hazels and some of the other suggestions.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks all, I bunged the cake bake in the oven, wrapped in foil and the kids (& mates) have eaten it with custard and I "found" a small fruit cake maturing in a container I've now covered in marzipan and I'll ice it in the morning. I felt quite miffed off earlier, back to my old self now

Comment

• Well done Scarlet, bet the boys enjoyed the cake, so happiness all round! Heating is on here it's so chilly. I'm told it's been warm all day, but I was stuck in the office. Never mind, I can get on with potting on my very leggy toms tomorrow. Have a good evening
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evenin all!

Just been catching up on the chat

Just back from a frantic and yet fun few days in the UK

...always nice to be back in yr own bed though isn't it?
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            I felt quite miffed off earlier, back to my old self now
                            All's well that ends well, or summat - as the others have said, it's you that your mum will appreciate most. Nice that the boys got to tuck into your 'failure' cake, though!

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            ...always nice to be back in yr own bed though isn't it?
                            Too right! Nothing like being away to appreciate the home comforts! One of those 'favourite things' for me is despite the last day in the sun culminating in a frenzy of packing, airport, flight, anticlimax of end of holiday (generally cold and miserable), baggage reclaim, taxi and home in the early hours; having a proper cup of tea and getting tucked up in your own bed.
                            Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 16-05-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Morning all. Bit cold here again this morning. So planning to go down allotment later and get some planting done with the kids later. Well that's my plan whether or not that happens is another thing.
                              Have a good day everyone.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning its sunny here but windy it even blew over my sunflowers I'd just taken out of the GH for the day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X