Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Nice and sunny here so far. Going to the allotment again today with my helpers about 10ish. Going to take the mower down to see if I can get it started and get the grass cut. Then home to get the kids bathed.
    Then its shopping for school lunch box stuff.
    Have a good day everyone.
    sigpic

Comment

• Mornin all!

Sounds like you are both having busy weekends!

We bought a whole pile of red 'geraniums' to put in pots around the house and gites ( well....tourists expect to see red geraniums when they come to France!)

I say 'geraniums' cos it's hard to call them pelergoniums after calling them geraniums for more than half a centuary!

Our last frost date is early June , so I need to watch the weather forecast like a hawk!

Susie- my spud foliage is just starting to poke their heads through the soil and I think they are spot on for our frost dates
      Last edited by Nicos; 17-05-2015, 08:47 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
        Just read that Martin H has eaten new potatoes - I only moulded mine up last week! Arrgghhhh! Can't decide if I am late this year or if all of you are early. Have a good day.
        Hmm, mine are still chitting on my bedroom windowsill I just haven't had time to get them in

Morning all, I'm having a lazy morning, I've only just got up and I'm meeting a friend for a lunchtime dog walk so the garden has to wait again. Never mind have a lovely day everyone!

Comment

• Morning

Another lazy one here today just can't get motivated all I've done up to yet is to move the Toms back into the GH for the day, they're getting heavy so i don't think I'll be doing that much longer.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nicos - you know exactly the right thing to say to cheer me up! Merci beaucoup

Comment

• Hmm, mine are still chitting on my bedroom windowsill I just haven't had time to get them in
              Thank you Scarlet - I can see that the Mods are selected for their tact and diplomacy as well as other skills

Comment

• Fancy being a Mod, Susie. You seem to have mastered the art of "tact and diplomacy" - unlike me who would have said summat norty

Happy Sunny Sunday everyone. I'm going for a weed in the garden - I may be some time
                Enjoy your days

Comment

• Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
                  Thank you Scarlet - I can see that the Mods are selected for their tact and diplomacy as well as other skills
                  Ha!clearly not our gardening skills!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• This is why I love this forum, sitting here reading with a smile on my face. Thanks
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Hmm, mine are still chitting on my bedroom windowsill I just haven't had time to get them in
                      Similar to you Scarlet but mine are on the utility windowsill must be a Mod' thing
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Happy Sunny Sunday everyone. I'm going for a weed in the garden - I may be some time
                        Enjoy your days
                        Totally mis-read that.......thought you were activating the compost VC!

Comment

• It has been known, GL
                          I made myself a garden loo once. It was an old dining chair with a removable seat (removed). I put a straw bale between the legs (of the chair!) and sat there, amongst the raspberries (plants) wondering what to weed next.
                          What worries me about you lot, is that I have to keep qualifying so many innocent words, just so that you don't misunderstand me

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                            Similar to you Scarlet but mine are on the utility windowsill must be a Mod' thing
                            Mine are planted but I'm thinking of buying more for a late planting - I don't want to be the only Mod without spuds on her sills.

Comment

• Morning all. What a lovely sunny day it is again!

I've no particular plans for the day so I'll probably end up pottering in the back garden. Maybe it's time to pull up all those forget-me-nots and plant out some Gazanias, they are starting to go over (as are the wallflowers). I took this pic yesterday before all the colour disappears:

Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
                              Just read that Martin H has eaten new potatoes - I only moulded mine up last week!
                              It was only a few that had grown from "volunteer" potatoes that I somehow misssed when digging up last years crop. It'll be another three or four weeks before I can harvest any that I actually planted.

Have a lovely day, y'all!
                              Attached Files
                              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Your garden looks gorgeous Martin!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X